Need Some Advice! Rome Reverb Rocker vs. Rome Postermania? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need Some Advice! Rome Reverb Rocker vs. Rome Postermania?

Thinking about snagging one of these 2012 boards at discount before the 2013s come out. Anyone any thoughts on either? This coming season will be my 2nd year so I'm still very new to the sport. I like the idea of Rome's hybrid camber profile on the reverb rocker but also intrigued by the rocker-flat-rocker profile on the postermania. I'll be mainly riding/cruising groomers this year again at Tahoe looking to build my skills up. Last season I was at the stage of just about tackling some blue runs but nothing crazy. Any thoughts on these two boards would be appreciated. I'd also consider the 2012 Factory Rocker which is apparently the little brother to the reverb just minus the sintered base and a little softer in flex. Thanks in advance!!
scotty100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty100 View Post
Thinking about snagging one of these 2012 boards at discount before the 2013s come out. Anyone any thoughts on either? This coming season will be my 2nd year so I'm still very new to the sport. I like the idea of Rome's hybrid camber profile on the reverb rocker but also intrigued by the rocker-flat-rocker profile on the postermania. I'll be mainly riding/cruising groomers this year again at Tahoe looking to build my skills up. Last season I was at the stage of just about tackling some blue runs but nothing crazy. Any thoughts on these two boards would be appreciated. I'd also consider the 2012 Factory Rocker which is apparently the little brother to the reverb just minus the sintered base and a little softer in flex. Thanks in advance!!
You are going to love the Reverb. The Hybrid Profile will help you shine up what you learned in year one. It has incredible grip and still maintains a loose overall feel. It is a deck that will definately ease you into all of those 2nd year moves that are coming your way.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I'm leaning towards the reverb rkr. Do you know if Rome changed anything for the 2013 model or is it basically the same as the 2012? Just want to make sure before I pull the trigger.

Also bindings - I'm going to stick with Rome for these too. Looking for something straightforward - no need for added adjustability etc. Looked at the 390s but I'm more interested in the Mob or Arsenal. I know the mob is on the soft side and the arsenal on the stiff side but I'm thinking either would work ok with the reverb? Thanks again!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
You sound a lot like me. I'm also fairly new and this will be my 2nd year as well. I pretty much just cruise groomers but plan on trying out freestyle in the park.
I debated about the Reverb Rocker myself and couple of other boards but I ended up buying the 2012 Postermania. The reverb rocker is a lot more stiff of a board. I liked that the Postermania is rated 5 for flex rating, so good stiffness for jumps but still has good flex to fool around to do butters and presses and all that fun stuff i plan on getting into.
Also, the Reverb rocker is rocker between your feet with positive camber in the nose and tail. But the Postermania is flat in between the bindings and then rockered out at the tail and nose. The rocker/flat/rocker board camber appealed to me more, so that's one more reason I went with the Postermania. Anyway, good luck finding your set up.

Here's more specs if you want to check it out.
Rome Reverb Rocker Snowboard | Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate 2012
Rome Postermania Snowboard | Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate 2012
ChiTownRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I'm leaning towards the reverb rkr. Do you know if Rome changed anything for the 2013 model or is it basically the same as the 2012? Just want to make sure before I pull the trigger.

Also bindings - I'm going to stick with Rome for these too. Looking for something straightforward - no need for added adjustability etc. Looked at the 390s but I'm more interested in the Mob or Arsenal. I know the mob is on the soft side and the arsenal on the stiff side but I'm thinking either would work ok with the reverb? Thanks again!
The Reverb Rocker is the same for 2013 except for the graphics. We got in the new decks last week and the look mean. Reverb Rocker with 390s is a well tested and well loved combo. Hard to go wrong there
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to go for the reverb rkr with a pair of arsenals. Can get last year's arsenal's for 110 bucks and they are basically a paired down 390 from what I read and less fiddly with less adjustability that I probably won't need.

One last spanner in the works to my thinking was a 2012 factory rocker on sale for less than 200 bucks. Same camber profile as the reverb and am wondering if that much different? A little softer I think but might not be a big deal...difficult having not ridden either of these boards.