So thinking about getting a new board for next season - questions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default So thinking about getting a new board for next season - questions

So I currently ride a Burton Process 2011 board 152. It's a full reverse camber board. I understand why the Burton store got me to buy the board but after riding the board for two years I realize how much I dislike it.

Details out of the way...
1) I'm 5'8 and about 158lbs.

2) Size 8 in boots

3) I have no real desire to go in the park. Maybe some jumps here in there while riding on groomers. Maybe even some buttering (learning how along with the jumps). That's really it though

4) I want to get into riding backcountry more.

5) I live in New York so a board that works just as well in the ice as it does in desirable conditions would be nice. I definitely hated my Process half the time I was in Vermont

6) I'm an intermediate rider. Been through quite a bit after 2 years of riding but I'm still getting there.
With that out of the way, I was thinking of these three boards...
1) Never Summer SL (155) - I demo'd one in Steamboat last year and I had fun with it.

2) Never Summer Heritage (155) - considering I want to be in backcountry more, it seems like the better option

3) Lib Tech TRS Ripper Series (154) - Lib Tech designs aren't really for me but the dark one seems ok
What do you guys think? Size is definitely something I'm thinking about. Not sure if 152 was the right size for me when I got the Process
andy_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Those are all good boards. I rode a friends Heritage and liked it a lot. I'm sure they'll all do well in ice with the SL having the most forgiveness. I'd think you could go a bit smaller than the 155 unless you plan on gaining some weight. I vote Heritage.
mb889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb889 View Post
Those are all good boards. I rode a friends Heritage and liked it a lot. I'm sure they'll all do well in ice with the SL having the most forgiveness. I'd think you could go a bit smaller than the 155 unless you plan on gaining some weight. I vote Heritage.
OP's are good sizes.

I vote Flow Drifter or Signal OG Flat... but that's me.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

mb889 - the smallest Heritage is actually 155. I'm actually training with a physical trainer and chances are I will lose more weight. Probably will be 150 in the end. It will be an issue?

Nivek - Why the other boards?
andy_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Oh, sorry I don't know. I don't think it'll be an issue at all. I guess I just said that because the last few years I've noticed a lot of people going down in size. 155 would be fine I would think. I'm far from an expert though.
mb889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_d View Post
mb889 - the smallest Heritage is actually 155. I'm actually training with a physical trainer and chances are I will lose more weight. Probably will be 150 in the end. It will be an issue?

Nivek - Why the other boards?
Well the Drifter I think is a better riding board overall. Similar camber profile with the added edge to edge smoothness of a rolled base underfoot. Libs aren't full wrapped so if you're in the trees you run the risk of ripping an edge out, and NS's though they will stay in riding condition longer than most don't keep the initial after-break-in liveliness for very long compared to others. Its a side effect of pre-preg glass. Also the Flow is cheaper. The Signal? Well I just love my two OG Flats. That's all. It really mightn't be what you're looking for anyhow as its a very classic build. Dual radii that meets at the middle of the setback stance, triax top and bottom with some carbon, and dead flat. That's all. Nothin fancy.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote