Lib tech Board Sizing - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question Lib tech Board Sizing

Question for the forum. I am 5'8" and 170pnds. 9.5 boot size. I rode a Burton custom 156 up until buying the Lib tech T.rice Pro HP 153 for this winter. I talked to a Lib tech rep and they reccomended sizing down 3 cm on lib tech boards. They said because of the shape, people should size down. So I bought the 153. I am now second guessing my decision. I think i can still return and get the bigger size(157). anybody have any opinions on this? I do mostly Pow and Groomers all day. hit a natural feature or small jump here and there. No rails or park really.
jbernste03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

The rice rides big. Im 5'7" about 180 and on a 08/09 Rice 153 and its fine but in really deep pow I struggled which led me to buy a second longer pow board. I demoed a horsepower Rice 153 and it felt a lot more flexy than the regular and would probably go to the 157 if I went with the horsepower.
03SVTCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the insight. Im looking really for the 1 board quiver killer. Maybe the size down will help me through the trees. We'll c this season
jbernste03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbernste03 View Post
I do mostly Pow and Groomers all day. hit a natural feature or small jump here and there. No rails or park really.
The 157 is probably better suited for your riding style. You can stick with the 153 but since you're not going to be in the park, why? Get the extra length for float if you're not concerned about additional swing weight. The newer T. Rice is also a much different board than the 08/09

My $.02
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
mjd

I'm 5'10" 170 9.5foot 9.0 boot and have been riding the trice 157 for the last two seasons. I have about 120+ days on it. It is wide at 25.8 but with the rocker between binders it's not a problem. I like the stability as I'm more bomber than butterer. The board floats easily in deep pow. I would not downsize from the 157 unless I was strictly park and then I wouldn't be on the trice anyway.

As an aside, I demo'd the Niche Aether a few times last year which has a similar profile (directional sidecut instead of twin though) and it has 25.2 waist. I was stoked on it. Very snappy and super quick edge to edge.