Arbor coda & westmark??? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi LT,

The Coda has a much shorter effective edge than the Westmark (3 cm in the 153). Both of the boards have 0 setback. The Coda has a longer tip and tail. Both will do it all but the Westmark will favor Park while the Coda will dig the Pow a little more. Many sick times on the Westmark (Blacklist) for me. That is a major board for Arbor.

Westmark

Coda
so the coda and westmark will feel pretty much the same?? i want something still flexy but can handle it all...also, i wear a 9.5 boot, would i go with westmark or blacklist??
LTshredTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 06:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTshredTN View Post
so the coda and westmark will feel pretty much the same?? i want something still flexy but can handle it all...also, i wear a 9.5 boot, would i go with westmark or blacklist??
No, you can feel the difference that 3 cm of effective edge makes (between the Coda and Westmark).

The Westmark will be correct for your 9.5's (Between the Westmark and the Blacklist). What is your weight? That will help us dial in the right size for you.

Last edited by Wiredsport; 10-05-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
No, you can feel the difference that 3 cm of effective edge makes (between the Coda and Westmark).

The Westmark will be correct for your 9.5's (Between the Westmark and the Blacklist). What is your weight? That will help us dial in the right size for you.
what diff does that effective edge make??

im 5'11'' 160lbs...been riding a 152cm for 4yrs now
Old 10-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
what diff does that effective edge make??

im 5'11'' 160lbs...been riding a 152cm for 4yrs now
Effective edge is the amount of edge that is in contact with the snow when compressed by your body weight. More effective edge helps with grip and carves and resists slipping on ice.

What model was your old 152?
Old 10-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Effective edge is the amount of edge that is in contact with the snow when compressed by your body weight. More effective edge helps with grip and carves and resists slipping on ice.

What model was your old 152?
yeah i knew that about the edge, just wondered if it would be less playful or not? my last board was a indoor FK and its EE was 115 im pretty sure
Old 10-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
yeah i knew that about the edge, just wondered if it would be less playful or not? my last board was a indoor FK and its EE was 115 im pretty sure
In older camber boards the answer would have been yes, less playful. Now it depends on the design. In rockered boards and hybrid boards it does not critically effect playfulness when the board is not on edge, because that portion of the edge is not in contact (to varying degrees and depending on the design).

The effective edge of the current Indoor FK 152 is 113
The effective edge of the current Coda 153 is 116.4
The effective edge of the current Westmark 153 is 119.6

The Westmark 153 will be awesome for your specs.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

I have a cambered 08 Coda 155 that I love I also have a draft in 155cm i am looking for something i can go fast on and still have it be playful I am very torn between the Westmark or a new Rockered Coda. I really don't notice the rocker on the draft unless I am on box or a rail because the flex is so soft. my weight is 170 boot size 9. I was initially thinking westmark, but now another Coda. I would like to stick with NS or Arbor
Old 02-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #18 (permalink)

My vote is the westmark. It can do anything from all-mountain/pow to park/jibs. It is soft enough to be playful and poppy in the park when you want, but then also have the stability when charging all-mountain and pow runs. The board is just sick. I recommend it if you lean more towards park, but want it to be able to do everything else as well.
Turch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:09 AM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Personally didn't like the Westmark a ton. Loved the Coda.

If you're doing a lot of pressing/buttering/jibbing, maybe.

The Coda is a much much better board for going fast, and still plenty to be playful with. I could do pussy butters (because I'm a pussy) with the Coda. So anyone good could do what you please with it.

It was much more stable at speed.

I think I liked the Coda because it was so springy. Crazy how it's rocker but it would just pop off anything.

But people love their Westmark. It's not a bad board I guess. Turns out I'm not a jibber so I didn't need it.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #20 (permalink)

Thats why i am so torn my draft is to playful, but yet my old Coda is camber so just going to a rockered coda should make a huge difference on the playful side. i think thanks for the help.