Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Arbor coda & westmark??? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/49304-arbor-coda-westmark.html)

LTshredTN 08-22-2012 08:52 PM

Arbor coda & westmark???

anyone rode either of these, if so tell me ur thoughts on them pros cons etc??? it would be a do everything board for me, wanting something close to my capita indoor FK i have...thanks

slyder 08-22-2012 09:09 PM

I demo'd a draft last year and it was to soft for me. So I decided on the Westmark even though I haven't riden it. It matched my riding ability/style better. I should have it beginning of Sept ish.

Nivek 08-22-2012 09:27 PM

Westmark. Enjoy better snap, more energy, and better edge hold than your Indoor.

BurtonAvenger 08-22-2012 11:25 PM

Coda and Westmark are interchangeable only difference the set back on the Coda.

Nolefan2011 08-23-2012 12:14 AM

I was wondering about that BA. Is it the same build (minus setback)?

BurtonAvenger 08-23-2012 12:47 AM

Few minor tweaks that like 90% of the snowboarding world would never notice. It's like the people that want blacklists and won't ride a westmark it's the exact same board minus width.

Wiredsport 08-23-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTshredTN (Post 514760)
anyone rode either of these, if so tell me ur thoughts on them pros cons etc??? it would be a do everything board for me, wanting something close to my capita indoor FK i have...thanks

Hi LT,

The Coda has a much shorter effective edge than the Westmark (3 cm in the 153). Both of the boards have 0 setback. The Coda has a longer tip and tail. Both will do it all but the Westmark will favor Park while the Coda will dig the Pow a little more. Many sick times on the Westmark (Blacklist) for me. That is a major board for Arbor.

Westmark

Coda

scotty100 08-23-2012 01:53 PM

If there's any knock on Arbor it seems to always be about poor durability issues. Any thoughts on how/if they have improved this for 2012/13?

jdang307 08-23-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 514787)
Coda and Westmark are interchangeable only difference the set back on the Coda.

I think you mean the directional-ness of the flex right? Because there is no set back on the Coda.

Rode the Coda last year and it was super fun, probably my best board yet. Went with the Westmark this year due to my small feets and I wanted a smaller board 150cm. On the coda I was able to control it like crazy and while my boots had a bit of overhang, standing barefoot I was just short of the edge ducked 15/15.

So I'm curious to know how much quicker edge to edge it will be on the westie 150.

To reinforce Wired's point, the 150 westie has the same effective length as the 53 Coda.

As for durability. I think it's fine. It won't look as pretty, especially at the bottom/base, but it'll ride.

Note that the Westie and Blackmark have gone to the extruded base for the year, which I hear holds up better to abuse than their sintered base. I got the '12 westie with the sintered base so I'm expecting it to look like a cheese grater after just a few runs. Whatever how often do you go balls out on these boards anyway.

I'll have a Cobra for that ;)

LTshredTN 08-23-2012 10:47 PM

thanks guys...i love the wood look of the coda is the bad thing!! but for my riding seems like westmark is better