Rome Mod Rocker - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rome Mod Rocker

How rockered is this deck compared to other freestyle/park boards? I don't hear too much noise about Rome through these forums.

Do you think it'll hold up well to icy northeast riding (mostly park but all mountain riding as well)? I've never ridden a rockered deck before but am very very intrigued and really just want something new...
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you're a competent rider it wouldn't be a problem. That board is super fun for slaying the whole mountain.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Burton. I do consider myself an advanced rider...just never made the jump to rockered boards.

How's edge capability? My top two concerns are its ability to hold up to high speeds and hold a carve relative to other rockered boards. Obviously, it being rockered its not going to have the hold of a regular cambered deck; what I'm aiming for is a rockered deck that hold an edge better than the average rocker...if that makes sense. Ha.

I think this might be the board for me this season. Just getting final thoughts outtatheway.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepstealer View Post
How's edge capability? My top two concerns are its ability to hold up to high speeds and hold a carve relative to other rockered boards. Obviously, it being rockered its not going to have the hold of a regular cambered deck; what I'm aiming for is a rockered deck that hold an edge better than the average rocker...if that makes sense. Ha.

I think this might be the board for me this season. Just getting final thoughts outtatheway.
The thing that will shock you the most about the Mod Rocker (and rightly so) is the weight. This deck is unbelievably light and you can feel every (missing) ounce when riding. Yes, it is a Rockered deck but once on edge it has dual carbon hotrods which do a lot to keep the edges in contact and it has Quickrip sidecut which works very well.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I rode it across wind blown sheet ice at Breck in 75MPH winds and it held on fine.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

So while at a wedding this weekend in Sugarbush, VT I strolled into a local shop on a whim to see if they had any leftover 2012 Romes - specifically the Mod Rocker 156.

Wouldn't you know it, they had one more Rome Mod Rocker 156 demo board from last year. The rep *said* it was only ridden for 12 days and by mostly the shop guys and one or two local riders. After looking it over, the thing is in pretty much pristine condition except for one or two very minor scrapes on the top sheet (purely cosmetic though).

Picked it up for a cool $280. SO PUMPED.