Looking for advice on an all mountain board - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
The Rooster King

what you need to do is hop your happy ass on the trolley ride it uptown to the Camellia Grill and get about 6 slices of pecan pie, get back on the trolley and go downtown to Cafe DuMonde and get about 10 orders of beignets, walk over to Central st. Grocery and get another 10 mufalletas, and grab about 10lbs of crawfish and ship that shit up here to me before Issac fuckspins N.O. again.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
what you need to do is hop your happy ass on the trolley ride it uptown to the Camellia Grill and get about 6 slices of pecan pie, get back on the trolley and go downtown to Cafe DuMonde and get about 10 orders of beignets, walk over to Central st. Grocery and get another 10 mufalletas, and grab about 10lbs of crawfish and ship that shit up here to me before Issac fuckspins N.O. again.
Haha, that made me have a good chuckle. Ol' Isaac is a baby cat 1 at 75 mph (74 mph is the minimum for a cat one), although the pressure is pretty high for a cat 1. I thought you were gonna tell me to eat all that, I was like man I need to LOSE weight.

Yea I kind of have the gear itch, and wanted something maybe slightly stiffer than my SL. It's a 10-11, the 12-13 is supposed to have a lighter core with more pop and the carbonium or w/e topsheet. Not a whole lot of difference from mine but yea. If nothing else I'm going to switch out to some targa bindings, my burton prophecy bindings were creating some bad pressure points and weren't really a comfortable ride. Gives a new meaning to cold feet.

I guess I just want to change it up and try something new and see how I like it. Maybe I should just get a charging board and keep the sl and throw some targas or even 390 bosses on there.

Now let me go get some beignets
Chance42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Bataleon Goliath, Flow Rush, Arbor Coda, Ride Wildlife, Signal OG Flat. That's what I'd look at.
I somehow missed the Wildlife when looking this over before. After looking at that, what about a bezerker? It is a little more aggressive, but a board I can grow into won't hurt my feelings. Like I said I'm going to try and find time in my schedule to work in up to 20 days a year.

I should have just moved to Denver 3 years ago like I had planned... damn it.

Anyways, Ride Bezerker in a 161 or 158, the narrow waist is a nice thought for my hobbit feet.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance42 View Post
I somehow missed the Wildlife when looking this over before. After looking at that, what about a bezerker? It is a little more aggressive, but a board I can grow into won't hurt my feelings. Like I said I'm going to try and find time in my schedule to work in up to 20 days a year.

I should have just moved to Denver 3 years ago like I had planned... damn it.

Anyways, Ride Bezerker in a 161 or 158, the narrow waist is a nice thought for my hobbit feet.
So I'm liking the Ride lineup.. I've basically refined my selection to the Wildlife 158, Bezerker 158 or Machete GT 157 or 160, and The DH2 in 158.

I like the damp factor of my NS, so with Ride having that reputation, that caught my eye, plus their boards aren't too wide for my Sam Wise feet.

The Bezerker is the most aggressive out of those from what I can gather. I am wanting a board that is able to get a little more aggressive than my NS and feel more stable at speed. I enjoyed my SL, but it wasn't confidence inspiring when bombing. Playing around and getting baby air it was pretty awesome though. I'm also attracted to the fact that it is a narrow board with my hobbit feet. Granted how I have my SL setup I have like 1/4" over hang on each side, so 252 on the other boards isn't going to hinder me either.

Going to pair it up with either 12 or 13 Capos or 12 Targas. Leaning towards the Capos, but we'll see.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #25 (permalink)

I haven't ridden the Berzerker, but have flexed it in a store, and there isn't that much difference between that and your SL. Why not step all the way up and get a Highlife? You open to GNU? A Billy Goat would be sick for your bomber board.

The Berzerker is so similar to your current deck. I guess it will ride a lot different however with camber through your bindings.

Last thought, if you are planning on taking as many trips as you say, why not wait and demo. I've had buyers remorse once, and lost $250 on the sell. Ride is readily available through demo programs.

Last edited by Nolefan2011; 08-31-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan2011 View Post
I haven't ridden the Berzerker, but have flexed it in a store, and there isn't that much difference between that and your SL. Why not step all the way up and get a Highlife? You open to GNU? A Billy Goat would be sick for your bomber board.

The Berzerker is so similar to your current deck. I guess it will ride a lot different however with camber through your bindings.

Last thought, if you are planning on taking as many trips as you say, why not wait and demo. I've had buyers remorse once, and lost $250 on the sell. Ride is readily available through demo programs.
Haha, I started this post out with the Billy Goat as one of my options. The Highlife is an option, its just wider and my understanding that besides the popwalls vs pop rods they were very similar and with the Bezerker being narrower it might fit to my feet better.

As far as demos the last few times I was at baker, the seattle shops were limited on stuff around the 158-160 size for what I was wanting to try. Granted I usually take my trips around feb-march, so stock is usually lower then.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #27 (permalink)

8.5 boot is fine for regular width boards. You won't notice it, trust me. I have a 10, ride a midwide Travis Rice at 258, and I don't notice anything different in edge to edge transitions from my old Optimistic, which was a 254 I believe. In fact, Libs are just so damn quick edge to edge, that Rice was one of the faster edge to edge boards I've ridden.

If I were you, I'd still demo the first day. Even if it's shorter than what you wanted, you'll feel the difference between the boards in the way they ride. Trust me, Ride boards with that low rise have a MUCH different feel than the C2BTX or Rocker-Camber of NS.

For me, center reverse feels just dialed (Lib, NS, Smokin). Others like more of a traditional camber feel. The Ride line will feel more like a traditional camber board (demoed a DH2).
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #28 (permalink)
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance42 View Post
Haha, I started this post out with the Billy Goat as one of my options. The Highlife is an option, its just wider and my understanding that besides the popwalls vs pop rods they were very similar and with the Bezerker being narrower it might fit to my feet better.

As far as demos the last few times I was at baker, the seattle shops were limited on stuff around the 158-160 size for what I was wanting to try. Granted I usually take my trips around feb-march, so stock is usually lower then.
If you are again at Baker, hit it in Feb, race weekend and demo (merv, burton, ns, prior, soloman are usually there (and they are often the next years spects) or if not race weekend just do a performance rental and then you can change out and and demo whatever they have...they have a good selection of mer, ns (I think) but I don't think Ride. I'm about your target weight size and have size 7 peds...fuuuuk me. I'm always considering narrow ass boards cause I want a quick edge to edge...but also a softer flex helps...but at size 8.5 a 25cm plus alittle more but under 26cm should be fine.

I concour with keep on your current board, demo when you trip and if you still need/want a board get whatever you want, but might as well get something abit different than your sl. And if what you get is above your abilities...it will just kick your ass til you decide to get aggressive enough with it. I picked up a clearance billygoat split in a 159 but if it were for resort I go with the 156; but already have cambered fr bomber 158 that will still kick me in the asrse if not paying attention.

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 08-31-2012 at 09:05 PM.
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Trying to plan a trip with my brother now, looking at Revelstoke if I can convince him to go there, or Mammoth. He's kind of set on Whistler/BC but I've been there a couple times and just want a new experience.

I can scoop a 11-12 Highlife UL for 307 right now, so tempted to pull that trigger. I'm just kind of worried that when I don't want to ride it hard as shit that the board will bite me in the ass, which is where the bezerker looks more tempting and perhaps the billy goat.