I Need Some Help Choosing a Board... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I Need Some Help Choosing a Board...

Hello all, I am looking to buy a board for the upcoming 2012-13 season. I am completely stuck, as I have never had to buy a snowboard before. For the past years I just used a crapbox from the local dump. If it helps, I am looking for a board that is mainly going to be used in the park, but I also intend to use it all around the mountain on occasions. I also like a board that excels in buttering and ollying for the time I am not in the park. How the board handles in powder isn't really a problem for me because I ride Mt. Sunapee, New Hampshire where there is only a couple good pow days a year. Also, my skill level is advanced. Some boards I have considered: Rome Garage Rocker, Rome Postermania, Never Summer Legacy, Forum Youngblood Doubledog, Forum Destroyer, Arbor Blacklist, Arbor Westmark.
Also, If you have any ideas for bindings, please post.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by TBoard96; 08-28-2012 at 08:24 PM.
TBoard96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

I too ride nh and vermont and i do park and all mountain. This year im getting the blacklist. I've only heard good things about it so you should check it out. And for your bindings i suggest the union forces(i rode them the last two years and they were great) or the 390s which i bought a week ago and they look pretty good
RightCoastShred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBoard96 View Post
Hello all, I am looking to buy a board for the upcoming 2012-13 season. I am completely stuck, as I have never had to buy a snowboard before. For the past years I just used a crapbox from the local dump. If it helps, I am looking for a board that is mainly going to be used in the park, but I also intend to use it all around the mountain on occasions. I also like a board that excels in buttering and ollying for the time I am not in the park. How the board handles in powder isn't really a problem for me because I ride Mt. Sunapee, New Hampshire where there is only a couple good pow days a year. Also, my skill level is advanced. Some boards I have considered: Never Summer Legacy, Forum Youngblood Doubledog, Forum Destroyer, Arbor Blacklist, Arbor Westmark, Bataleon Whatever, Never Summer Cobra.

Thanks for reading!
Might I suggest looking at a Rome Mod Rocker too, also with bindings, Rome 390's sound like what you might like. Have had good price/performance out of Rome stuff, plus their CS is great.
Efilnikufesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hey dude....nice to see the Sunapee shout-out. I actually work there

Can't go wrong with Rome. I had an Agent for 3 years and loved it. It does really well on the icy-ness we get in NH and VT. It's made to handle everything, including anything you find in the park. I'm also going to echo what Elfin said about the mod rocker.

I have heard good things about the Arbor boards, but I have never ridden one myself.

I would say jump on the Forum Doubledog if you're going to be mostly in the park. I will say that its a bit softer for what you may be looking for. Again, Sunapee can get pretty "hard" during the Jan/Feb months and the Doubledog might not hold up as well as you'd like if you're trying to ride all mountain.
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBoard96 View Post
Hello all, I am looking to buy a board for the upcoming 2012-13 season. I am completely stuck, as I have never had to buy a snowboard before. For the past years I just used a crapbox from the local dump. If it helps, I am looking for a board that is mainly going to be used in the park, but I also intend to use it all around the mountain on occasions. I also like a board that excels in buttering and ollying for the time I am not in the park. How the board handles in powder isn't really a problem for me because I ride Mt. Sunapee, New Hampshire where there is only a couple good pow days a year. Also, my skill level is advanced. Some boards I have considered: Never Summer Legacy, Forum Youngblood Doubledog, Forum Destroyer, Arbor Blacklist, Arbor Westmark, Bataleon Whatever, Never Summer Cobra.

Thanks for reading!
The Cobra sounds like too much for what you want. Proto or Evo for what you describe from Never Summer.

Westmark and blacklist as well (do you need wide?). never rode forum or bataleon so I'll leave those recs for others.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepstealer View Post
Hey dude....nice to see the Sunapee shout-out. I actually work there

Can't go wrong with Rome. I had an Agent for 3 years and loved it. It does really well on the icy-ness we get in NH and VT. It's made to handle everything, including anything you find in the park. I'm also going to echo what Elfin said about the mod rocker.

I have heard good things about the Arbor boards, but I have never ridden one myself.

I would say jump on the Forum Doubledog if you're going to be mostly in the park. I will say that its a bit softer for what you may be looking for. Again, Sunapee can get pretty "hard" during the Jan/Feb months and the Doubledog might not hold up as well as you'd like if you're trying to ride all mountain.
Yeah I see a lot of Rome boards there, and I myself have never seen an Arbor board, but I am open to anything new. Maybe a Garage Rocker or a Postermania?

Also, if I am 6'1" 160lbs, what size would be best for me. Also, I have a shoe size of 11.5 so would that make me a wide?

Last edited by TBoard96; 08-28-2012 at 08:28 PM.
TBoard96 is offline   Reply With Quote