Helmet help :D - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trace63

Default Helmet help :D

So Im basically looking to make my last purchase of the season. I know, it should be my first, but hey, better late than never. Im looking for a nice audio helmet. I really don't know which ones are good or not. Ive noticed Giro is a pretty popular brand.

Any input?

EDIT: Some that Im looking at are the RED Hi-Fi audio helmet and the Giro Encore 2 audio helmet.

Last edited by Trace63; 03-30-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2008, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
NickNorth11

I've only worn the red trace and hi-fi, (both use audex, which I'm sure you know), anyway, the hi-fi was MUCH more comfortable on my head. You should check to see how they feel on your noggin though. I'm not an audiophile, but they sound good to me.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seedy J

I picked up a RED hi-fi (not the audio one) last month. I like it - it's light and pretty comfortable. Not very warm though (and I get hot really easily)... good for spring, but I'll need to use it with a mask in winter. It makes my left ear hurt a little by the end of the day, but it's barely noticeable. I've taken a couple knocks to the head with it and didn't feel a thing.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
berg

i LOVE my protec ace freecarve. it's super comfy and warm. you can get it from sierrasnowboard for 30 bucks. protec also has a real sweet audio set made by plantronics.

Pro-tec Protective Gear Pro-tec Ace Freecarve
Old 03-30-2008, 08:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Trace63

Yeah I wish I hit up Sierra earlier when I was buying my other gear from them. I need an XL :/
Old 03-31-2008, 12:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

The one that fits your head the best is the one you need to get. It is critical that you try on your helmet before you buy it. If it's not comfortable, you're not going to wear it.
Grimdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
IntuitioN

i am by no means good at sewing, but i took my RED HIFI helmet, and a pair of headphones and mashed them together. i just cut open the padding on the helmet, cut some of the foam inside to fit the earpieces where i wanted, ran the wires, and sewed them up. Took a total of 30 minutes max and still works fine. (whole thing cost me around 100$ including the helmet) Another option, so you can go for the helmet that fits best, instead of thinking you're limited to what the manufacterer sells.
GL