Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Good Park/All mountain board? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/49383-good-park-all-mountain-board.html)

RightCoastShred 08-28-2012 07:10 PM

Good Park/All mountain board?

Im looking for something that will slay the park and also do good on hard pack, steeps, pow, basically anything on the mountain. It needs to be playful as well as versatile. Im 5'7" ish and 140. I've been looking at the Arbor blacklist because of BA's review and the Lib-tech TRS because of all its awards. Suggestions are welcomed.

Nivek 08-28-2012 07:47 PM

Magazine awards are not worth paying attention too. Be aware of that.

Really though anything angrysnowboarder recommends will be killer.

in the park, jumps, jibs, or equal seriousness in both? As in are you looking to be doing or eventually learning 3 on pretzel 1 outs or the like as well as 7's on 50 fts? Or are you more concerned about doing crazy spin in spin outs than chucking your meet of the biggest jumps you can find? Or would you rather throw yourself off giant booters than get tech on metal and plastic?

These things matter.

RightCoastShred 08-28-2012 08:26 PM

i do park laps and i usually hit everything and hit some of the bigger jumps, but i also do some blacks/steeps trees and pow if i can get it

otisdelarosa 08-28-2012 09:05 PM

I guess Lib Tech TRS suits you. Lib Tech TRS centered stance and good for directional progressive sidecut. More over Lib Tech twined park days or setback for freeride days. As what you have mention, I think Lib Tech can live up with your style and wants.

Nivek 08-28-2012 09:10 PM

Did you really just use moreover on an internet snowboard forum... fer sher.

I'd go Blacklist for sure, but maybe take a look at the Echelon Franken and Flow Era as well.

RightCoastShred 08-28-2012 09:40 PM

im definetly going with the blacklist. any idea when the 2013s get in store? im in no hurry but it would be great to get one early so i can get my bindings synched before the flakes start falling.

LTshredTN 08-29-2012 01:59 PM

capita indoor FK or arbor blacklist

Nivek 08-29-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RightCoastShred (Post 515622)
im definetly going with the blacklist. any idea when the 2013s get in store? im in no hurry but it would be great to get one early so i can get my bindings synched before the flakes start falling.

anytime now.

RightCoastShred 08-29-2012 05:30 PM

last question. ive heard it comes factory detuned. is this true and how do you think the detuned edges will hold up on the ice coast

readimag 08-29-2012 07:05 PM

I have the 2012 blacklist it comes detuned tip and tail, I never noticed a problem as it has grip tech right under your feet.