Board Rust & Maintenance - Page 5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 12:27 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by $hen View Post
WOW well Ik the place in SnowCity but thats not good at all. But yeah, I would like to know of other places in SG to get some wax etc. :P or if you can give me some. But they told me to keep my snowboard in my board bag is causing rust so you keeping urs in a travel bag makes so sense to me 0.0 Hows that possible?
There is a place in Velocity @ 2/F Novena Square that has some ski/snowboard gear (no boards, bindings, or boots, only helmets, body armor, socks, base layers, and stuff; very $$$) that sometimes has wax and other accessories.
Also some of the outdoor shops sometimes have accessories - Camper's Corner at Waterloo Street used to (but I have not been for a while) and there is a new big outdoor shop at Wheelock that might have some stuff (not sure).
Best is to buy in Hong Kong if you go there. Still more pricey than US, but cheaper than most of Asia - but still stupid expensive for boards (like 1.5x US list price). Let me know if you go and I can give you the names of the shops.
PM me if your are unsuccessful and I can pass you a bar of wax.

Who told you that leaving the board in the bag makes it rust? Make sure that the board and bag are dry when you put it in and maybe run the A/C occasionally, then you should have no problems.
SGboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 12:48 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGboarder View Post
There is a place in Velocity @ 2/F Novena Square that has some ski/snowboard gear (no boards, bindings, or boots, only helmets, body armor, socks, base layers, and stuff; very $$$) that sometimes has wax and other accessories.
Also some of the outdoor shops sometimes have accessories - Camper's Corner at Waterloo Street used to (but I have not been for a while) and there is a new big outdoor shop at Wheelock that might have some stuff (not sure).
Best is to buy in Hong Kong if you go there. Still more pricey than US, but cheaper than most of Asia - but still stupid expensive for boards (like 1.5x US list price). Let me know if you go and I can give you the names of the shops.
PM me if your are unsuccessful and I can pass you a bar of wax.

Who told you that leaving the board in the bag makes it rust? Make sure that the board and bag are dry when you put it in and maybe run the A/C occasionally, then you should have no problems.
They said it makes the board sweat etc when its inside the bag so idk. And also yeah I will let you know if I am successful or not. Otherwise would be nice to have a bar of wax thanks
$hen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #43 (permalink)

also, SGboarder. Could I find a nice face mask in one of these stores for snowboarding ???
Old 08-31-2012, 01:31 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by $hen View Post
also, SGboarder. Could I find a nice face mask in one of these stores for snowboarding ???
I am sure they will have at least the neckwarmer/buff types. Not sure about the ones that clip to goggles, but I find those pretty useless anyway.
SGboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:27 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGboarder View Post
I am sure they will have at least the neckwarmer/buff types. Not sure about the ones that clip to goggles, but I find those pretty useless anyway.
nah I dont mean ones that attach to goggles but just ones that cover the nose, mouth, cheeks and necks ;P Found a nice one from burton. Gonna try find that one. lol thanks

Tags
board, edge, maintenance, rust, storage