Lib Tech T. Rice size - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lib Tech T. Rice size

Hi guys, it's time to purchase a new board, and i'm looking hard at that T. Rice pro, but I'm just not sure whether to get the 157 or 161.5.

I ride all mountain on the east coast, but ride less and less here, usually spend more time riding in BC each season. I'd say 30%-70%.

I'm 5'11 & 180 lbs, and don't know what size to get. I don't do park, just the jumps. I want it to be stable at speeds and on steeps, but I'm worried the bigger size may make it harder to spin. Not that I'm spinning big jumps, 3's are about it, but thinking about spin weight.

I'd love to hear some opinions
kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'd go with the 157. It's plenty stable, has great dampening (up there with Ride and a tad under NS), and from a swing weight perspective, the blunted tips help there. I have ridden a lot of boards, and it's honestly my favorite board. You can charge the heck out of it, but still have that freestyle side to the board.

I weigh 174 and am 5'11 for reference. It's perfect for me.
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default i just got the t.rice pro HPq

I just got the t.rice pro HP. Website messed up on price so I got it for the Non-HP price. I am 5'8 180, size 9.5 boot.. i got the 153 because Lib reps reccomended sizing down 3cm from what you normally ride if you are coming from a camber board. i rode a burton custom 156 before. To tell you the truth, in terms of length of the board, it seems like the 153 is very very close to the length of my old 156.. both come to right above my chin. I dont know if this rant is helping you at all but just my 2 cents. some companies measure length from tip to tip along the board and some are straight line end to end. my guess thats why my two boards seem to fall in the exact place when lining it up to me even though they are different sizes
jbernste03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

I should have mentioned that my last board was the TRS (BTX version, not the C2 version) and I love it for freestlye, but I do find it a bit soft at high speed. It's a 157cm, love the float in pow, but stability is the main issue I have with it. So if I get the 157 T. Rice, I'm worried that it be the same because the length would be the same.

the TRS was a 6 on Lib's flex scale and the T. Rice is a 7, but does the fact that it has the C2 tech make it noticably more solid than the TRS pre-C2 version?
kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

I can help you with that one. The TRS feels like a noodle compared with the T Rice. Demoed it last year, as well as the Attack Banana, and it goes:

TRS - Attack Banana - T Rice.

I hate Lib's flex ratings, because if the TRS is a 6, the Rice should be a 9. Very stable board.

In reality, I call the Rice a stiff flexing board, and the TRS is a mid / soft flexing board. Actually felt the Smokin Superpark was more stable board.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Do you guys know the weight ranges for the 153 or 157? I got the 153 and I'm alil concerned with it washing out when I'm movin. The 153 is perfect for my height which is 5'7 but after 6 years of college and a desk job I know have put on some pounds on I'm up to 180. I still have the oppurtunity to switch out the board for the bigger size.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm 174, and I have a 57. Perfect for going double black, and still fun to play around with on kickers. Not really a park board. If you sized down to a 53, it's going to lose it's stability for sure.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan2011 View Post
I'm 174, and I have a 57. Perfect for going double black, and still fun to play around with on kickers. Not really a park board. If you sized down to a 53, it's going to lose it's stability for sure.
I'm just afraid the 157 will be too long for me. I'm only 5'7". The 153 comes in between my chin and nose right now when compared to my height.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
mjd

go with the 157 if you're not sure.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbernste03 View Post
I'm just afraid the 157 will be too long for me. I'm only 5'7". The 153 comes in between my chin and nose right now when compared to my height.
Dont size your board based on your height, at 180 i would have went with the 157 personally.
kctahoe is offline   Reply With Quote