what Never summer board is this?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default what Never summer board is this??

Im looking at this on CL but the guy doesnt know much about boarding and says that the board doesnt say size/model ect.. Its just plain, It looks like this:

Here is the add:
Never Summer Snowboard

Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

No clue on the model, but that board is probably closer to 20 years old than 2.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
No clue on the model, but that board is probably closer to 20 years old than 2.
That's kinda what I was thinking.. I was looking to trade him a longboard for it, but nah.. I'll stick to my 2011 Rossi Onemgtk
Old 09-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Looks like a 170 from the 1996-1997 season, same bottom sheet, and they don't recycle deck art from season to season. look on their facebook page they have a pretty extensive historical archive... Probably don't want that board unless you want an old school big camber stick.
djdavetrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you DjDave.. Hope you didnt go through too much trouble to find that?? What a freakn scammer.. People suck, He told me through a text when I was talking to him that he bought it at Zummies in the mall 3 years ago for 550$ When he or I couldnt find the model or the size I had no more interest in it though.. Good thing..

Edit: I was going to flag his post but someone must have done it already.. He took two other posts off and changed the wording.

Last edited by Dirk; 09-03-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

Nah no prob, I like doing that sort of thing. Thing about craigslist is alot of stuff is stolen. If he was a boarder, he would know everything about his board, you know how obsessed we get about this shit.... A casual boarder wouldn't even end up with a Never Summer, and Zumiez isn't a Never Summer distributor. NS is a brand that people more into the sport get into.

On the flip side of the coin, lots of people go apeshit for old gear, they don't care much for rocker or hybrid camber tech, maybe their 97 NS was the best board they ever had and would love to find another one. The old one man's trash is another man's treasure thing.

I have a buddy that uses those old black and yellow sims bindings and people laugh at him from the parking lot to the lift, he doesn't give a shit. It is what works for him, and goddamn it if he doesn't ride the shit out of his old board with old bindings in a both feet forward stance. I can't keep up with this dude, and I have all the new gear, all the new tech. This is what I think when I watch Craig Kelly vids and he is doing shit that I couldn't dream of doing on old gear that gear snobs would laugh at nowadays.....

Gear fetishizing is fun, but what good is a $1000 basketball if you can't get it through the hoop, knowwhatimean?

Wow that post went sideways on me! Enjoy !
djdavetrouble is offline   Reply With Quote