Proto CT Limited Edition in Black - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 02:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Proto CT Limited Edition in Black

I went to the local BC Surf & Sport today to browse, as I'm looking at the snowboards I noticed a Black Proto CT 154cm. It's a Limited Edition that was only released at BC stores. Unfortunately there are no more 152cm in the state (oh well, not passing up the 154). I just bought the 2013 Proto CT 152cm last week at another shop, so I had to buy the Black Limited Edition for only $20 more instead. I'll sell my white 152 when they sell out soon enough.

I've never heard of these limited editions; has anyone? I've known about the Military Limited Edition Cobra that was released (which was also at BC). I did a quick Google search and nothing came up.

I'll post pics when I have access to a good camera soon.
Fruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 05:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

As in black where the regular one is white and all the other colors in the same place?

Sweet.

2012 or the new 2013. I prefer the 2012 which I have in white, certainly not buying a black one but have always thought this would look good.
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned!

cool a 54 in black...oh well ill get a black evo i think..
Old 09-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Any chance of pics?

Sad to hear that this is BC only - I can't find anything via google on a limited edition NS board. I would definitely be interested if anything came by Ontario

Edit: In case no pics are available, is it identical to the regular except black instead of white, or is there a different design on it as well?

Last edited by Solitaire; 09-03-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Sounds like a great looking board, too bad these limited edition colorways are never made available to brick and mortar stores in the U.S.
P3 Mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3 Mammoth View Post
Sounds like a great looking board, too bad these limited edition colorways are never made available to brick and mortar stores in the U.S.
What? BC is brick and mortar...OP was there browsing...
Old 09-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
What? BC is brick and mortar...OP was there browsing...
13 locations in 6 states with a huge online presence in the industry. Basically an online store which can offer tax free with free shipping to anywhere in the U.S. Hardly does any good for the real mom and pop brick and mortar shops trying to support Never Summer in their local area. Small shops already have to compete with these big shops on colorways they can get, let alone the same models in BETTER colorways.

You can browse snowboards at Costco, REI, Sport Chalet, Dick's...

My point being there are a lot of shops out there that supported Never Summer during the hard years that could use a little love also!
P3 Mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

Word p3! While I don't know the history behind bc and never summers relationship, your point was valid and well said.
idshred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Arbor makes a board that's exclusive to REI. It's called the Cascade.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3 Mammoth View Post
13 locations in 6 states with a huge online presence in the industry. Basically an online store which can offer tax free with free shipping to anywhere in the U.S. Hardly does any good for the real mom and pop brick and mortar shops trying to support Never Summer in their local area. Small shops already have to compete with these big shops on colorways they can get, let alone the same models in BETTER colorways.

You can browse snowboards at Costco, REI, Sport Chalet, Dick's...

My point being there are a lot of shops out there that supported Never Summer during the hard years that could use a little love also!
You won't find a bigger fan of small business than me! It just doesn't make sense for them to manufacture a special edition board for single shops - how would they market it? In that sense all their boards are special edition - they fly off the shelves; and last years boards for less? - yea right.

If you think about it a big company like BC has the buying and marketing power to make something like a special edition board viable. I hate the mall and that's where they are... and they totally represent chains...but they hire and pay local labor and also support our local boardcompany, which just happens to kick ass.

I'm all for hooking up the little guy just not sure how he gets in on this one.