Capita BSOD lengths - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 07:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Capita BSOD lengths

okay so im pretty sure i wanna get a bsod. however im unsure which length to get. im 5'11 / 6'0, 180lbs.
im coming from a big freeride background and used to riding boards around 163cm mark.
however im looking to start getting into doing a bit more freestyle stuff and so i want less of a plank under my feet!

my choice is between the 156 and the 159. initially i was leaning toward the 159 as its closer to what im used to but after speaking to a few guys in my local store they are saying i could go as low as a 155. if i went for the 156 what would be the main disadvantages and advantages. and likewise for the 159

cheers for the help guys
Shreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The smaller you go, the softer it will feel. That will be the biggest disadvantage that I can think of. Maybe the waist width, but if your feet are normal sized, then it won't matter. The BSOD is a nice board, and from the riding that you describe enjoying, I would go with the 159. It will fit your needs well, and it won't feel like a plank. However, if you think you are going to get into a bunch of park, then yeah, the 156 would be a better option.
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddie View Post
okay so im pretty sure i wanna get a bsod. however im unsure which length to get. im 5'11 / 6'0, 180lbs.
im coming from a big freeride background and used to riding boards around 163cm mark.
however im looking to start getting into doing a bit more freestyle stuff and so i want less of a plank under my feet!

my choice is between the 156 and the 159. initially i was leaning toward the 159 as its closer to what im used to but after speaking to a few guys in my local store they are saying i could go as low as a 155. if i went for the 156 what would be the main disadvantages and advantages. and likewise for the 159

cheers for the help guys
What size feet do you have and where do you live?
Nose Dradamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

Cheers guys im leaning towards the 59 but a bunch of people have said they think I'll like the 56.
My feet are size 11 but I've ridden my friends DOA in like a 54/55 which was fine with regard to foot size
I live in the UK but im going out to new Zealand for the season next year and then I'm gonna be taking a season in Canada next winter.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

159 with your size.
Nose Dradamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned!

156 only because u have bigger decks for other things, plus u want it for park right?

I weigh about the same as you and use a '54 proto for all mountain and '54 evo for park and screwing around on groomers and such.

Its not like you need it to hold up maching gates right?

'56 at 180lbs is not tiny either, its not like that is extreme downsizing. A 50-51 would be small.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

well yeah im wanting to start building up a quiver so im seeing it as an all mountain board that i could use for a bit of everything. just as my go-to board. so a bit of park but im also going to be wanting a bit of pow and steeps with it