LTD Proto CT/NS Contest - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
yea, i have that same setup in the standard black with the silver/orange/black diodes. so super light let alone for such a solid ride.

if yours is a 155 and you have a little goatee then you are probably my evil twin... or i am YOUR evil twin.... do you ride ZF1s too?

i put a sticker of the state of Oregon over the Colorado logo on the topsheet
No goatee... the Man disapproves (damn the man!). I ride Malamutes. Much respect to you SL you deserve (and have earned) the evil twin moniker
Chef Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #32 (permalink)

A little slopeside lunch from last spring:

What I like about my NS Proto is being able to ride park or bomb down groomers with the same ease. Really stable and grips like a champ.

GF couldn't believe how much easier it was to ride her Infinity compared to her previous V-Rocker board. Much more stable and easy to maneuver.

BTW, that black Proto is gorgeous!
SimonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #33 (permalink)

that's a nice family photo
kino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:59 AM   #34 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Premier has been the ultimate choice for me. Even though I ride mostly east coast ice and not big mountain powder lines I love the grip the RC gives me and the dampness is a godsend on those choppy days.
I always take at least one trip out west a year and when I do I try to ride all the powder I can. This photo was taken last season at Big Mountain/Whitefish, MT near hellroaring peak where I hiked for some turns.

Last edited by LuckyRVA; 09-06-2012 at 06:21 AM.
LuckyRVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #35 (permalink)
Veteran Member

What I like most about Never Summer is how easy things are to learn on it. I hope the pictures show the learning aspect (not many pics of me boarding since I ride alone alot) The one picture is before i land my first ever 360 and the other is me learning tail presses.

There isn't one type of riding or trick I have learned that hasnt come on a never summer. It is just so easy and worry free. I dont worry about washing out, catching edges, or damaging the board. I have never ridden a tougher board then an NS board.

RC is obviously the most versitile tech since every company has gone out of their way to make a version of it now. (well other then bataleon but thats a different stroy) While Never Summer hasnt felt the need to get tech other companies use.
cav0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #36 (permalink)

Snow glow bases are just rad!

Last edited by MOTOXER59; 09-07-2012 at 09:27 PM.
MOTOXER59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
Summer Basement Session, Switch

Ya pretty much if it gets cold and snows it will be better.

Well for whatever reason mostly more work BS maybe cuz I'm lazy, and also a bum ankle, the 14ers this summer have been fail with only 4 (last summer I did 13): Elbert, Grays & Torreys (repeat), and LaPlata; but hopefully still get 3-6 in the next 2 months here.

Gotta love the high alpine environment. So many lines on Torreys. Hard to choose when you're on that Summit. Tuning Forks or Dead Dog, hmmmm? Some of the best turns of my life have been off that peak.

Hope your ankle is good to go.
Elbert

La Plata

Cute little guy. Looks to be a natural. Star Wars shirt reminded me of my little bro when he was that age.

Gotta love the high alpine environment. So many lines on Torreys. Hard to choose when you're on that Summit. Tuning Forks or Dead Dog, hmmmm? Some of the best turns of my life have been off that peak.
The Chairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:59 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idshred View Post
I like the way ns r/c will make quick, tight, pivot turns when I need to in an easier manner than a traditional camber board will.
I don't have many pics on my proto... but here is one. fs3 shifty.

edit::: the picture is still from a edit i threw together this summer. its sloppy but oh well. BUT for vman-----my buddy was thinking about buying the demo 58 heritage that grand targhee was selling at the end of the season..... so I let him ride my 60 proto all day to see if he would like the camber design. He did, and he ended up buying the heritage. This video shows him on his very first run on the proto.

the first 35 seconds are snowmobiling if that sort of thing is boring to you.
Perhaps it will all be boring to you, and thats ok with me.haha.

Tight, quick turns are some of my favorite characteristics of RC as well.
The Vman likes the video and didn't find it boring. Open pow turns, who would? Wydahoe is a special place. What a first run, on any board.... I'm sure he loves his Heritage. Thanks for turning him onto our boards. Good idea submitting the video!

Riding the sled through the trees looks like a blast as well.
Thanks for contributing.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kino View Post
I hit a tree branch that was just poking out of the ground and almost impaled myself on it >< but hey, it makes a good photo!

Attachment 8223

this is my first neversummer board and i have to say it wont be my last. I love how stable it is (even though its classified as a park board) freeriding down the mountain. The ease of turning with the board is also important since i am a beginner going to intermediate.

other than the tech, the carbonium sheet is tops it
Holy #@!% Kino..... Anyplace to get impaled is bad but that looks like it could have been one of the worst. Great close call photo!

I agree it does make a great freeride board or I wouldn't be on it. I'm old (and old school as it gets) and love just bombing down the mountain on the CT. The design will really allow you to progress fast.

Thanks for the support and getting involved with the contest
Old 09-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
I'll have to dig through some of my pics. I don't think I have anything worth a damn to be honest.
Any pic will do, like one of your board longingly looking to the west for snow.