LTD Proto CT/NS Contest - Page 9 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigius View Post
Burton Mission's. Took me awhile to find the bindings I wanted.
I almost got the same exact missions but went with the black ones instead...Love them tho
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #82 (permalink)

Putting the DMCC lights on mine, I'll post pics as soon as they get here.
biocmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biocmp View Post
Putting the DMCC lights on mine, I'll post pics as soon as they get here.
You are gonna put them on a Legacy?
Brigius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigius View Post
You are gonna put them on a Legacy?
Sorry, this is a proto thread, I thought that was the board everyone was referencing.
biocmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
I dig the Rocker/Camber design because it has given me the confidence to progress my riding without the fear of catching a nasty edge. I can (and have said ) say that I know for a fact that this board has saved my ass on many occasions when I know I should have bit it but somehow stayed upright. The board is forgiving as hell.

I can hear Angry Snowboarder telling me "Learn to ride, dumbass" and he's right and I'm working on it. My NS Legacy with RC design is helping to keep me stable and progressing.

(exhausted hiking with the board all afternoon, no lifts)

Side note; I'd love a Proto, I'd like to expand my free style and take advantage of that true twin.
Hey Sabatoa,

Thanks so much for your support and getting involved with my contest.

The RC gives me the same confidence, especially when riding at high speeds in those variable conditions. I love riding this big, open cruiser at Copper Mountain later in the afternoon. When you get that low light, ice and choppy patches. I can ride these conditions so fast it's almost scary, much faster than I could on a traditional cambered board. Because if it gets scetchy, I can get on the rocker and recover. Making it less likely to catch that edge, then re-engage the camber and get back on edge.

Keep progressing and having fun.
The Chairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #86 (permalink)
Cam

Default Love riding my ProtoCTX

I was luck enough to get my hands on a NS ProtoCTX 160 last winter and I love it.

I spend most of my winter coaching Alpine and Snowboardcross athletes. I am also a very big (250+ lbs) and aggressive rider. Before I found Never Summer board I broke on average 3 boards a season. My Raptor is still going after 2.5 seasons, and my ProtoCTX survived a full winter. So durability Check.

Versatility. This is where the ProtoCTX created a bit of an argument. I got on it and found it the most fun Park board I have ever ridden. An instructor friend of mine (great rider and looking at going for his CASI Level 4 on the ProtoCTX) at my local resort got one too. He thinks it is a great Freeride/carving board. So we have the ongoing debate of "Park board" "Caring board" reminiscent of the "tastes Great" "Less filling" beer commercials.

Here is his review of the ProtoCTX:
"Last winter I sprung for a second board (My other was an older NS SL) and I got a Proto CT. It was my first board without traditional camber and I was very skeptical. At first I could hardly stand still on my board at the top of the hill, I was sliding all over the place. Once I got moving however, things started to feel better. The board could carve. Moved on to steeper terrain. The board could REALLY carve. Although it looks and feels like a park noodle at first take, it definitely is everything but. The harder you push it, the more it pushes back, this thing does not give up. It rides well fast or slow, high-end bumps or low-end beginner turns, park or steeps. It really can do anything. It is full of life and a really fun ride. I soon realized this was the only board I need and promptly sold the SL. I'm going to take the level 4 CASI course with carving specialty on it this season, hopefully I can perform as well as this board does."

The best way I can describe the ProtoCTX is that my first day on it I set up my bindings wrong. I had too much heel drag. My bindings where hitting the snow and disengaging my edge when I tried to do an aggressive high speed heelside Carve. But I was having too much fun and didn't want to stop to fix my set up. So I just did every carves toeside: Toeside carve - pop 180 - toeside carve - pop 180 - repeat till lift line. This was the first time I could do it at full speed and carve hard enough to get knee drag, on a Twin tip freestyle board!

So needless to say I love the ProtoCTX and if I ever have to replace it, it will be with another ProtoCTX. And I am recommending it to my friends and racers looking for a fun twin tip that can do anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cam Proto CTX Shifty - 3.jpg (87.3 KB, 187 views)
Old 09-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #87 (permalink)
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
So needless to say I love the ProtoCTX and if I ever have to replace it, it will be with another ProtoCTX.
Trying to get my hands on an Evo just for screwing around, but I feel the same way about my Proto.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #88 (permalink)
Veteran Member

After buying my first never summer two seasons ago I was hooked from the first pow ride strait to a park lap on my sl. I was blown away the playfulness of the rocker but the control of the camber under foot. That along with the vario sidecut I knew I had my jack of all trades board. Took my wife out snowboarding for the first time in Colorado last winter had a blast also got to meet Vince for a personal tour of the factory. As my wife said I think you were more happy there then on our honeymoon, not far from the truth. Thanks NS for always letting the fans have a vote.
readimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #89 (permalink)

I wanted the Evo the year I purchased this board, but ended up with a Revolver.
The RC was very playful but yet stable for me as I was only a beginner. Pretty sure the Vario Power Grip had much to do with it also. Someone had told me for my sz 10 boot that the Revolver was a tad bit too wide for me, and could hurt my turning, but I never had any problems with that. This was my first Never Summer board and I really enjoyed it! Many more Never Summer boards to come in the future, thats for sure..besides, who doesn't LOVE the glowing base!

smokinsummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #90 (permalink)

Here's my contribution. Proto CT ready to go for a swim at the US Olympic Jumping Center in Lake Placid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 271487_10151216756651468_662630973_o.jpg (116.8 KB, 217 views)
hhaidar is offline   Reply With Quote