Burton Antler vs NS Proto ct/ctx - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 01:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Antler vs NS Proto ct/ctx

Burton Antler vs NS Proto CT/CTX
I have been looking at the burton antler and the ns pro to ct/ctx for a good all around mountain board. The proto seem like an awesome board I am digging the 3 year warranty, but I also like the idea of the burton antler being between a joystick and custom x. The downside of the antler is the only place I can find a review on the antler is Burton Antler Snowboard Snowboard Review 2013 - YouTube.

My location:
I live in minneapolis, minnesota. I will be going to local hills 90% of them time. (Normally decent snow, but almost always groomers).

Groomers: This is a must for a board. I will be mainly going down flat snowboard runs. I want to have fun going down. Buttering is something I want to progress into this winter.

Jibs: don't care much about this right now. Might do 5% of my time on a board doing this.

Buttering: This is something I would like to get into. I am new to it, but in minnesota, it is something that can bring joy to the hills. We are flat here, but some places capitalize on this and buttering can become and art here. Flat long runs are around here.

Overall Park: plan on doing jumps/kickers. Not to many rails at all. 180/360's are what I want to do on natural terrain.

What I want: A fun ride. Knowing I am not going to be in Colorado or anywhere with serious hills like that, what you would you suggest?
zeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 03:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

First off, you can't go wrong with the Proto. It's an amazing all mountain board. No need to say more, there's a million reviews out there.

I have to say the Antler looks really interesting as well. I like the theoretical idea of a softer board with charging abilities. You'd have to wait for actual reviews though. What they promise sounds a bit too good to be true and a bit too much like marketing babble. I like the squeezebox which is an actual improvement to the Burton line.

What I can guarantee you though is that you will have better edge hold on the Proto. Burton's Frostbite edges are just useless and NS' Vario Grip works really well.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeto View Post
Burton Antler vs NS Proto CT/CTX
I have been looking at the burton antler and the ns pro to ct/ctx for a good all around mountain board. The proto seem like an awesome board I am digging the 3 year warranty, but I also like the idea of the burton antler being between a joystick and custom x. The downside of the antler is the only place I can find a review on the antler is Burton Antler Snowboard Snowboard Review 2013 - YouTube.

My location:
I live in minneapolis, minnesota. I will be going to local hills 90% of them time. (Normally decent snow, but almost always groomers).

Groomers: This is a must for a board. I will be mainly going down flat snowboard runs. I want to have fun going down. Buttering is something I want to progress into this winter.

Jibs: don't care much about this right now. Might do 5% of my time on a board doing this.

Buttering: This is something I would like to get into. I am new to it, but in minnesota, it is something that can bring joy to the hills. We are flat here, but some places capitalize on this and buttering can become and art here. Flat long runs are around here.

Overall Park: plan on doing jumps/kickers. Not to many rails at all. 180/360's are what I want to do on natural terrain.

What I want: A fun ride. Knowing I am not going to be in Colorado or anywhere with serious hills like that, what you would you suggest?
an evo.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

So you say you have no interest in jibs which I'm assuming is what's pushing you into the more jump oriented twins. But then you say you want to butter your muffin all day long if you're not jumping. Gnar jump boards take a good chunk of energy to really spread the margarine over the hill.

You are going to be much happier on something like an Evo, Flow Era, Arbor Blacklist/Westmark, Salomon Villain, Signal Park Flat, or an Echelon Franken.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
So you say you have no interest in jibs which I'm assuming is what's pushing you into the more jump oriented twins. But then you say you want to butter your muffin all day long if you're not jumping. Gnar jump boards take a good chunk of energy to really spread the margarine over the hill.
Good point. Let me rephrase my earlier post: Jumps are more important to me. I would like to butter and don't have a problem with putting in a little extra effort. I'll take a look at those boards. I've also looked at GNU riders choice, Lib Tech TRS, and a Rome Agent rocker. They were close to what I was looking for but all seemed to be "missing" something.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post

You are going to be much happier on something like an Evo, Flow Era, Arbor Blacklist/Westmark, Salomon Villain, Signal Park Flat, or an Echelon Franken.
Evil Twin is another jump board that is on the softer side.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Evil twin looks pretty badass as well! I'm not too familiar with bataleon tho, I'll have to read up on their boards and quality. I gotta say, Im not sure how I feel about the skulls on the board. One side of me says "wicked cool", the other side goes "really...skulls?".