size check, lib tech trs 159 or 162? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default size check, lib tech trs 159 or 162?

first post guys, so hello everyone. really like the forum.

looking to upgrade my board this year and decided to go with lib tech trs after reading so many positive reviews. spend most of the time on groomed pistes and tend to stay out of the park. was wondering if i should be going with the 159 or 162... i'm 5'10'' and 200lbs. any advice would be much appreciated.
cerizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you're not planning on losing any weight and plan to keep that same riding style, I'm going 162. Everyone else here is gonna say 159.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks, don't really plan on varying my style, the park has never really appealed. My current board is a 160 and Ive never really tried anything longer (so am a bit nervous about committing to the longer board).
cerizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Honestly, we're only talking 2-3cm here. There's not gonna be a huge difference either way. If you rode some park, I'd definitely say 159 as it would be quite a bit easier to spin. However, with you just cruising groomers and whatnot, the 162 will be a little more stable at speed. Really, either one would be fine. When torn between two sizes, I generally opt for the slightly bigger, which is the opposite of most people. Most opt for the slightly smaller. 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerizzle View Post
first post guys, so hello everyone. really like the forum.

looking to upgrade my board this year and decided to go with lib tech trs after reading so many positive reviews. spend most of the time on groomed pistes and tend to stay out of the park. was wondering if i should be going with the 159 or 162... i'm 5'10'' and 200lbs. any advice would be much appreciated.
I'm new to boarding and this forum so I don't know how much this is worth to you... But, I was actually planning on getting the same board in the 159. I'm 6' 172 and rode a 160' last year. Seems this board and length would be the best fit formy riding style.
cm4short is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lib tech trs libtech