Rome vs GNU - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Deja, Mystique, Saturnia, Fate, B Nice.
Those are the ones I should go for?
roma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roma View Post
Those are the ones I should go for?
That's the order I put them in at least.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #23 (permalink)

Okay thanks! I'm also looking at the Forum Sauce, Rossignol Justice and Burton Lux V rocker which are all at my local store as well. What do you think of those?
Old 09-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Rossi is a bit more aggressive all mountain board with carbon and kevlar built into it.

The Forum will be a pretty loose ride. They just use basic sidecuts on there full reverse camber boards, if you like a loose skatey feel they are fun boards (I had a good amount of fun on the Scallywag), but not great for speed on groomers.

The Lux is a pretty basic board from Burton. V rocker is going to be pretty loose like the Forum. Between the two I've preferred chilidog over Vrocker in most things.

Also, buy my things?
Old 09-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
The Rossi is a bit more aggressive all mountain board with carbon and kevlar built into it.

The Forum will be a pretty loose ride. They just use basic sidecuts on there full reverse camber boards, if you like a loose skatey feel they are fun boards (I had a good amount of fun on the Scallywag), but not great for speed on groomers.

The Lux is a pretty basic board from Burton. V rocker is going to be pretty loose like the Forum. Between the two I've preferred chilidog over Vrocker in most things.
Thanks for the suggestion! My local store was giving me a sweet deal on the Lux, so I went to try my bindings on it today and buy it but....my bindings didn't fit. I have Head bindings. Is it possible to contact Burton and get them to ship me discs for the bindings? I have the board on hold since it is a final sale so I won't be able to return it if it turns out my bindings won't fit on it.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion! My local store was giving me a sweet deal on the Lux, so I went to try my bindings on it today and buy it but....my bindings didn't fit. I have Head bindings. Is it possible to contact Burton and get them to ship me discs for the bindings? I have the board on hold since it is a final sale so I won't be able to return it if it turns out my bindings won't fit on it.
You would have to contact Head to see if they make anything that fits the 3D system. Burton discs will most likely not be compatible with Head bindings.

Also, buy my things?
Old 09-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
You would have to contact Head to see if they make anything that fits the 3D system. Burton discs will most likely not be compatible with Head bindings.
I emailed Head so now I'm just waiting for a reply... I'm really hoping that they will be compatible with the board.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #28 (permalink)

The board has the Burton 3D binding system. Would this work to fit my Head bindings on to the board? New Burton Unidisk 4 Hole & ICS Binding Mounting Disk Disc Plates | eBay
Old 09-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
The board has the Burton 3D binding system. Would this work to fit my Head bindings on to the board? New Burton Unidisk 4 Hole & ICS Binding Mounting Disk Disc Plates | eBay
The only way to know is if the discs thickness and teeth pattern and shape fit into the bindings you have. And the only way to find that out is by having both the binding and the disc in hand. If the heads are a metal baseplate then this will not work.

Also, buy my things?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
The only way to know is if the discs thickness and teeth pattern and shape fit into the bindings you have. And the only way to find that out is by having both the binding and the disc in hand. If the heads are a metal baseplate then this will not work.
Thank you for all your help! I ended up pulling the trigger and buying the Burton Lux because it was on a sale I couldn't pass up (I bought it at cost because it has a slight damage about half an inch long on the topsheet). I still have to make it match up with my bindings though. Is it possible to drill into my binding discs or would that compromise the structure of them? Also, how well does the v rocker do on snow compared to the flying v, or just in general? I'm just interested to know. Thanks again!

Tags
beginner, gnu, magne-traction, rocker, rome