I detuned my board, 10 one magtek. getting more serious about boarding - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I detuned my board, 10 one magtek. getting more serious about boarding

I have been snowboarding off and on for 15+ years. I never got really serious about it until two years ago. Most of those years were only 3-6 times a season. Last two years were a little more serious but still mainly a drunk fest with buddies. This year i've quit drinking completely and i've been working out and dieting like mad for two months with no plans on stopping soon.. Down from 225 to 193lbs h5-11"

I would like to really progress this year, finally.. I bought a 163 Rossi one magtek in the 10/11season and some all metal ride bindings, and love it. I can haul ass down the mountain /groomers/trees/powder but I suck at jumping or tricks/rails of any kind.. I don't want to focus on rails or huge jumps too much cause I gotta get up for work on Monday morns.. Haha.. I would like to be able to hit some rails and the smaller jumps,especially natural jumps without wiping out like I usually do. I have a hard time with the approach of jumps usually, I can never seem to get my weight distribution right.

I detuned the tip and tail of my Rossi, I hope I didn't f it up.. I hate when really catching some speed, catching those edges slightly and getting thrown side to side a little. So my thinking on the detune was to help with that and maybe with the approach of jumps as well, no last minute little snags to throw my weight off.. ??

Any tips or advice its welcome. I love this site so far..

I also just scored some new 2012 DC judge duel boa's from Ebay for 129$ last night. My last boots are from 2000..
Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Detuning the tip and tail just help when pressing. If you detune into the effective edge you lose grip and control. More so on hard pack and ice plus the one mag teck already has a slightly raised tip and tail (I believe the 2011 did. The 2012 and 2013 do for sure) and that helps lift your contact points slightly. I wouldn't suggest detuning unless it's a strictly park/jib board. Now catching on your way into a jump will get better with just more experience riding. Make sure you keep your knees bent in an athletic position and don't get too stiff or straight legged.

Academy Propaganda rev - Rome 390 Boss
New for 14-15
Yes the Basic - Now IPO
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

ya detuning is only gonna help for jibs
RightCoastShred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ah thanks guys. Ya the 10/11 board has the tip and tail raised up. The amptek camber.. Ooh well I guess it can't hurt. I don't want to de tune any of the other contact points, too many icy days to deal with up here..
Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote