Is my foot size too big for the SL? Do I need to get a Legacy instead? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Is my foot size too big for the SL? Do I need to get a Legacy instead?

My foot size is 26.5 cm and I weigh 200 lbs.

I emailed Never Summer for binding insert board measurements on the SL. They said the 158 is 25.65 cm and the 161 is 25.9 cm.

Is my foot too big for the SL?
onthefence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthefence View Post
My foot size is 26.5 cm and I weigh 200 lbs.

I emailed Never Summer for binding insert board measurements on the SL. They said the 158 is 25.65 cm and the 161 is 25.9 cm.

Is my foot too big for the SL?
I wear a 28.0 and have ridden both the SL 158 and 161 extensively. Although, I do ride a more angled stance. I prefer the quicker turning and agile feel of the narrower board. Some people like the wider platform, but I usually don't put people on a Legacy unless they have a 29+. With a low volume, short sole length boot and binding with toe ramp/canted foot bed you should be fine on an SL.

Hope this helps.
The Chairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
TLN

I don't see reason because narrow board turn faster then wide, and there's none =) Check out physics lessons.
The only advantage of the narrow boards is faster edge-to-edge performance. But you gotta know what is it, and be able to carve the board, and want to get a carved turn.
Unless you don't want faster edge-to-edge peroformance, get a wider board, as it can give you much more: more angles without toe-drag, better float in powder and probably better landings.

I own NS Legacy 174 with 27.0 waist and Prior win 20.5 (not 25 =) waist. 230 lbs with US13.
ps. waiting for my custom 28 waist freecarve machine..
TLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLN View Post
I don't see reason because narrow board turn faster then wide, and there's none =) Check out physics lessons.
The only advantage of the narrow boards is faster edge-to-edge performance. But you gotta know what is it, and be able to carve the board, and want to get a carved turn.
Unless you don't want faster edge-to-edge peroformance, get a wider board, as it can give you much more: more angles without toe-drag, better float in powder and probably better landings.

I own NS Legacy 174 with 27.0 waist and Prior win 20.5 (not 25 =) waist. 230 lbs with US13.
????? Check out his foot size US 8.5/9. You have a 13! The SL is proportionate for his boot size. Why would he want to get a wider board?
The Chairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLN View Post

The problem with wide boards is not only edge-to-edge performance, but just as importantly edge control and pressure. Anybody with shoe size 11 or smaller will have real problems getting good edge pressure on a wide board.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote