Big Foot Dude Needs Advice! - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 05:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

Righto my boot is 315mm total length and goes fine on my 260mm waist board at 15 degree angle. Thats a differential of 55mm. Measure the length of your boot, deduct 55mm and see what you come up with
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #12 (permalink)

i doubt you need a custom board. my brother wears size 15 and fits on a wide gnu rider's choice no problem at all. it has a 26.8 cm waist width. you might be surprised how much toe hang you can have without it having any negative effects. i used to have a nitro magnum, that thing was enormous. (and awesome) i'd say you could definitely fit on something like that.
Gustov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #13 (permalink)

Great, that is good to hear! To think that I may have more options makes me feel good. I did a lot of research and the GNU riders choice was one board that got many positive reviews across the web.

Because I live so far from any shop, I think I may have to 'buy before I try' any snowboard, so I would rather error on the side of safety (even if that means spending more) to get a setup that will work for me.

I'm glad you posted Gustov. You've got me thinking, what width sled are you size 15+ riders using? And do you guys have issues with your toes dragging? And what do you have your binding angles set at?
jspicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You don't need custom. Your a big guy which helps. This would be significantly more difficult if you only weighed like 160lbs.

Balaleon Goliath 163w, Ride Wildlife 163w, K2 Slayblade 163w, Flow Rush 162W, or a Nitro Team Gullwing Wide 162.

Also more diffictult than board is going to be bindings. Finding bindings that will actually fit 16's is going to be tough. Seeing as how you're in Ride Bigfoots, I'd shoot them an email asking which bindings will fit the 16's.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634

Last edited by Nivek; 09-11-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #15 (permalink)

I'll try to chime in here as I have some big feet as well. I typically wear a size 15 shoe but fit into a size 14 snowboard boot. I currently have a pair of size 14 Burton Rulers and size 14 Ride Jackson Boas. One tip is to see if you can fit into a smaller boot. I initially tried on size 15 boots but found that I actually fit much better into smaller boots. Now if you have to stick with the size 16 boots, I would say you should be ok without custom gear.

I currently have a NS Heritage X 163 and a NS Revolver 158. They both fit my feet well and with +15/-15 angles on my bindings, I have a minimum of overhang. I've also tried out my friends T.Rice 164 and it seemed to fit my feet as well which surprised me as its not a specific "wide" board.

Now as far as bindings go, I can only recommend what I have used. I have a pair of Ride Capos (XL), Ride Rodeos (XL), and a pair of Flow NXTs (XL). They all fit my feet very well. I've been curious to try out some other brands of bindings such as Rome and Union but am skeptical since they size things as L/XL. I would try those out in a store if you were interested in other brands. But I can attest that Ride XL and Flow XL fit my boots perfectly fine.
Toomeyct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

Lib Tech Shunk Ape is a great all mountain board for the big footed riders!
jcam1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #17 (permalink)

your boots will most likely not fit into any bindings that are L/XL instead of just XL. I have Rome Targas and there's no way you'd fit in those.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustov View Post
your boots will most likely not fit into any bindings that are L/XL instead of just XL. I have Rome Targas and there's no way you'd fit in those.
Thats about what I assumed. I had been wanting to try Targas but was worried that the "L/XL" sizing basically just meant L.
Toomeyct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomeyct View Post
Thats about what I assumed. I had been wanting to try Targas but was worried that the "L/XL" sizing basically just meant L.
it pretty much does. i think my boots are 11.5 or 12 and they barely fit.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #20 (permalink)

Thanks for the responses guys!
It's difficult to get myself out of the mindset that I need the widest board I can find. But, its reassuring to know that the suggested boards are much narrower than I thought I could use. I was originally thinking I would have to go with a board in the 168+ range, but 163..... that give me lots of options!

Toomeyct, I'm glad to hear the RIDE Capo (XL size) bindings fit well. I found a decent deal on a pair and I'll more than likely go with those bindings.

Last edited by jspicket; 09-11-2012 at 05:59 PM.
jspicket is offline   Reply With Quote