Big Foot Dude Needs Advice! - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspicket View Post
Thanks for the responses guys!
It's difficult to get myself out of the mindset that I need the widest board I can find. But, its reassuring to know that the suggested boards are much narrower than I thought I could use. I was originally thinking I would have to go with a board in the 168+ range, but 163..... that give me lots of options!

Toomeyct, I'm glad to hear the RIDE Capo (XL size) bindings fit well. I found a decent deal on a pair and I'll more than likely go with those bindings.
Glad to be of some help. I know how it is to shop for things with feet this big. It's always nice to have more than one option. I think you will like the capos. Very good build quality, very adjustable, and seem to fit very well. I just went ahead and adjusted the frame of the binding for its largest setting and it seemed to work out just right for me.
Toomeyct is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #22 (permalink)

Hi guys, I'm posting again to say thanks to the people who posted here and to inform anyone else with big feet that you don't necessarily need a custom wide board to fit big feet.

I have had the opportunity to ride three times since posting here in the forum. I purchased a Never Summer Legacy 163 with Ride Capo Bindings (size XL, all the strap adjustments maxed out) and Burton Ruler size 15 boots. I've settled with a stance width of 22.5 inches, with a 21 degree front foot angle and 9 degrees on the rear. So far, I have not had an issue with toe or heel drag which has really allowed me to enjoy the slopes and dodge Koreans who lay down in the middle of the path!

On day three I could feel the board start flexing more and becoming a bit more playful. Thanks again to everyone who helped me spend my money wisely

Here's a picture of me at High 1 Ski Resort in Jeongseon, South Korea.

jspicket is offline   Reply With Quote