2011 Capita Horrorscope fk thoughts - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2011 Capita Horrorscope fk thoughts

Hey all,

Anyone have any thoughts/reviews from personal use that they would like to share? I am just wondering what it's like.

Thanks
rfalls86 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,863
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Take all the bad things from center reverse and 3 stage and put them in one board. Boom. Urban FK. Also because of where they chose to put the rocker pts they tend to core fracture if you do to many boardslides.

You're better off with an Ultra or GM if you want Capita. If you want to jump at all bump up to an Indoor FK.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends

Last edited by Nivek; 09-13-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Nivek is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Take all the bad things from center reverse and 3 stage and put them in one board. Boom. Urban FK. Also because of where they chose to put the rocker pts they tend to core fracture if you do to many boardslides.

You're better off with an Ultra or GM if you want Capita. If you want to jump at all bump up to an Indoor FK.
It's pretty soft (the one I used, had been through a season though), but the horror is a pretty fun board learning park and goofing off doing flatland stuff.

I prefer freestyle FK also, urban FK is pretty loose.

You can also jump on a Green Machine. It's a bit stiffer than it used to be because of the core/and basalt. I would even say it's stiffer than the indoor now.

Last edited by phony_stark; 09-13-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: didn't answer the question...whoops.
phony_stark is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
It's pretty soft (the one I used, had been through a season though), but the horror is a pretty fun board learning park and goofing off doing flatland stuff.

I prefer freestyle FK also, urban FK is pretty loose.

You can also jump on a Green Machine. It's a bit stiffer than it used to be because of the core/and basalt. I would even say it's stiffer than the indoor now.
If I wanted to learn to ride rails/spins would this board be a decent home hill board? This is why I bought it. Also, it was only 360
rfalls86 is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfalls86 View Post
If I wanted to learn to ride rails/spins would this board be a decent home hill board? This is why I bought it. Also, it was only 360
You already bought it? Congrats! It's a fun board to learn stuff on and progress on. It'll be fine, dude.

Have fun on that thing.

(What year?)
phony_stark is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
You already bought it? Congrats! It's a fun board to learn stuff on and progress on. It'll be fine, dude.

Have fun on that thing.

(What year?)
It's last years model with the dude doing a hand symbol and I think zombie hands on it. Pretty cool I guess. I have been riding for 5 years and have a t rice horsepower but I find it a little big for spins and park. I love it for big mountain though. I just wanted something playful and poppy so I can start trying to destroy the local park also, I heard that its just a one year board so you ride it hard and put it away wet... Which is exactly what I plan to do lol.
rfalls86 is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, that sounds like the perfect complement to a T.Rice horsepower. You're gonna have a ton of fun on it.

A fine quiver sez I!!!!
phony_stark is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Senior Member
 
NYinfamous2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York state of MinD
Posts: 423
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
in my experience trying alot of the different types of reverse camber (burtons, NS, Bataleon, libtech etc) out there my favorite is capitas. For me their FK does everything I want in a board. I ride a indoor survival FK and going to be getting the same board again bc I wouldnt change a thing. My friend rides the horrorscope and kills everything on it. its soft but doesnt wash out. that board will definitely progress your riding in the park. you got yourself a sick board. only problem is 350 for last yrs is up there. you could get this yrs for that price. but since its bought already forget about the 350 and just enjoy it.
NYinfamous2k2 is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Member
 
Nose Dradamous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Emerald City
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Take all the bad things from center reverse and 3 stage and put them in one board. Boom. Urban FK. Also because of where they chose to put the rocker pts they tend to core fracture if you do to many boardslides.

You're better off with an Ultra or GM if you want Capita. If you want to jump at all bump up to an Indoor FK.
Kevin, your out of your mind bud? Core fractures? Are you fucking kidding me? Dude, we don't have one board Horrorscope in our warranty room with a so called core fracture.

rfalls86, Horror has an WDT core, that allows us to give the Horror the soft/flexy characteristics that made it popular, and the Urban FK is there so you man handle the deck. Period. Yea, you'll have more control with an Ultra or Indoor, but the people that buy the Horrorscope (and it's a lot) buy it because of the above.

Kevin, keep hatin and slanging that shit no one gives a shit about.
Nose Dradamous is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Dradamous View Post
Kevin, your out of your mind bud? Core fractures? Are you fucking kidding me? Dude, we don't have one board Horrorscope in our warranty room with a so called core fracture.

rfalls86, Horror has an WDT core, that allows us to give the Horror the soft/flexy characteristics that made it popular, and the Urban FK is there so you man handle the deck. Period. Yea, you'll have more control with an Ultra or Indoor, but the people that buy the Horrorscope (and it's a lot) buy it because of the above.

Kevin, keep hatin and slanging that shit no one gives a shit about.
Haha okay, that post from Nivek scared me after I bought it. You work at Capita obviously Nose. Is this the board for me on a small hometown hill for learning or should I get the indoor? Thank you for the positives on this board. I think I will try it and figure it out myself but we will see when the snow comes.


Thanks again
rfalls86 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome