Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Good Wood for ME? Please help! (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/49614-good-wood-me-please-help.html)

wasteofsnow 09-14-2012 02:04 AM

Good Wood for ME? Please help!

Hi all,

As you guys probably have seen more than enough of these threads.. I'm going to just throw another one out there because I'm buying a new one... With about 3 seasons under my belt, I think it's time to upgrade.

Height: 5'6''
Weight: 155

Location: NorthStar, Heavenly, and Kirkwood, Lake Tahoe, CALIFORNIA!

When: All season: early, prime, spring

Current Gear:
Sierra Reverse Crew 151 (reverse camber, midflex)
2012 Burton Malavita, Medium
2011 Burton Hail Coalition 8.5 US

I prefer doing plenty of park but also plenty high speed carving, tree running, natural terrain stylin', and powder surfing. Am I asking too much? Please help me out dudes and dudettes...! I was thinking of...

*Flex: ~5
*50% park 50% mountain
*151-153cm
*Hybrid Camber (something different, but similar to the RC I've been riding)
*Jumps over jibs (but wouldn't mind trying to progress on boxes)
*Fast and holds well at high speeds (minimal chatter, if any) while plenty playful (butterful).
*Holds great on ice.
*Powder surfer
*Never catch an edge!

I was also thinking of:

2012 LibTech Burtner Box Scratcher
2012 LibTech TRS C2 BTX
2012/13 Never Summer Proto CT
2012 Never Summer Evo
2012 GNU Park Pickle BTX
2012 GNU Rider's Choice Pickle

Please criticize, give me input, whatever it takes to get me the best setup for this 2012-13 season 'cuz I'm BLEEDING FOR IT!!!!

Thanks!!! and looking forward to some convo....... hopefully. :)

Basti 09-14-2012 09:28 AM

Strike the Box Scratcher. It won't hold up well carving.

Other than that you can't really go wrong with any of the other choices. You can add the Arbor Westmark which doesn't have hybrid camber but holds up just as well. Also, the Bataleon Whatever is a very nice board if you want to get into Triple Base Tech.

Supra 09-14-2012 10:21 AM

Yes Greats
Burton Sherlock
Smokin superpark

jcam1981 09-14-2012 11:28 AM

Lib Tech Skate Banana BTX
Or
Pickle
Union forces or Burton Cartels

Nivek 09-14-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasteofsnow (Post 518463)
2012 LibTech Burtner Box Scratcher no
2012 LibTech TRS C2 BTX maybe
2012/13 Never Summer Proto CT I guess
2012 Never Summer Evo eh
2012 GNU Park Pickle BTX no
2012 GNU Rider's Choice Pickle maybe

Personally I wouldn't pick any of those and I feel like the Proto, TRS, and Riders Choice are all on the cusp of being overpriced. I'd probably go with the TRS over the RC cause at least the TRS has basalt. The Gnu is just wood and glass. The basalt holds onto ride characteristics longer than the Gnu's layup will.

For the sale price of a TRS though you can almost get a new 2013 Flow Era which has the camber style you're looking for plus a rolled base under foot if you start to jib more, Sintered base, and carbon in the tips.

Not the same camber style, but I'd also point you at a Nitro Rook. Sintered, kevlar under foot, extra thick edges, profiled core, and a hybrid wood core.

Salomon Sabotage. New fangled camber tech that feels like rockered tips and camber all at the same time. Equalizer for edge hold. Its a killer board for an all mountain freestyle guy that's more focused on jumps than jibs.

2013 Yes Greats. The asym is alright, more work needs to be done to get theirs perfect. Despite that this board was money. Great off jumps, enough play to jib, and killer on the rest of the mountain.

wasteofsnow 09-15-2012 03:57 AM

i've been really eye ballin the never summer proto and evo.. don't know why!