Camp Seven Women's Board - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basti View Post
You guys really plan ahead, don't you? :P

Sorry, I know it's just a typo but I couldn't let this one pass
Hah! I looked at that for a long time before i saw anything wrong with it.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

Pulled the trigger on the Camp Seven package. Im so excited!
Optikal_Illuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher_chik View Post
Pulled the trigger on the Camp Seven package. Im so excited!
Stoked! You are in for a terrific season. I just emailed you in regards to your boot size question.

27.6 is 10.5 and requires a size 11 in this model. We will send size 11 tomorrow unless you instruct otherwise.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

size 11 is fine, thanks so much! Missed your phone call cuz the area I was in had no cell service either lol
Old 09-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
size 11 is fine, thanks so much! Missed your phone call cuz the area I was in had no cell service either lol
I know I've already said my peace, but I can't stress this enough. Once you get your boots, try them on and try to stand on your your toes with your heels still on the ground. Check for heel lift.

Then head to a local shop and try on a million boots to find one that fits the best and compare it to the ones you bought. I went through three pairs of boots last year trying to find the right fit, and I've been boarding for 20 years! Make sure your boots fit you PROPERLY!!!

Back to our regularly scheduled thread... BTW congrats on buying a setup! I remember how stoked my GF was when she got her first package a couple years ago. She still loves that stuff (although she's changed boots too).
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #16 (permalink)

I will def try them on. I have a pair of boots that are size 10, but they arent keeping my feet dry or warm anymore, they are over 6 years old.

I read online to kick my heel back about 3 times, stand in them and see how much space is left. They are supposed to fit snugger than a street shoe. I have been going around town, trying on different pairs, some in 10 and some I'm 11, depends on the make.

And thanks, I'm SUPER stoked! I work with a few ppl who snowboard, we are planning a trip to tremblant together I just hope it stops raining so I can actually work and not waste my vacation and banked time for stupid rain days :P
Old 09-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Awesome advice on getting a great fitting boot. The boot that Cypher purchased has a heat moldable liner so we can walk her through getting a refined fit by email. STOKED!
Old 09-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #18 (permalink)

you guys are awesome!
Old 09-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
I will def try them on. I have a pair of boots that are size 10, but they arent keeping my feet dry or warm anymore, they are over 6 years old.

I read online to kick my heel back about 3 times, stand in them and see how much space is left. They are supposed to fit snugger than a street shoe. I have been going around town, trying on different pairs, some in 10 and some I'm 11, depends on the make.

And thanks, I'm SUPER stoked! I work with a few ppl who snowboard, we are planning a trip to tremblant together I just hope it stops raining so I can actually work and not waste my vacation and banked time for stupid rain days :P
Yup, and the heat moulding liners that Wiredsport mentioned are great. It's actually okay if your longest toe is *slightly* touching when you first put them on. When you mould the boots they will pack down and get a little bigger inside.

I know wiredsport is a reputable company, but if you get the boots and try them on and they're not tight, I'd consider sending back and getting a 10 instead.

Okay now I've REALLY said my peace!!! lol

BTW get down to Jay Peak if you can. I've boarded all over the east and I liked Tremblant, but Jay has the glades and the atmosphere that I like... Really laid back people and some great off-piste runs. Yay winter! lol
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
It's actually okay if your longest toe is *slightly* touching when you first put them on.
We even suggest a little snugger fit than that. From our fit tips:

Your boots should be snug!

The most common complaint about boots is that they are too loose, not too tight. The junction between rider and board begins with the boot, as it is in the most direct contact with the rider. When fitting boots, use the following method: A. Slip into the boot. B. Kick your heel back against the ground several times to drive it back into the boot's heel pocket. C. Lace the boot tightly, as though you were going to ride. NOTE: This is where most sizing mistakes are made. A snowboard boot is shaped like an upside down "7". The back has a good degree of forward lean. Thus, when you drop into the boot, your heel may be resting up to an inch away from the back of the boot, and your toes may be jammed into the front of the boot. Until the boot is tightly laced, you will not know if it is a proper fit. D. Your toes should now have firm pressure against the front of the boot. As this is the crux of sizing, let's discuss firm pressure: When you flex your knee forward hard, the pressure should lighten, or cease, as your toes pull back. At no time should you feel numbness or lose circulation. Your toes will be in contact with the end of the boot, unlike in a properly fit street or athletic shoe (snowboard boots are designed to fit more snugly than your other shoes). When you have achieved this combination of firm pressure and no circulation loss, you have found the correct size!