Looking for feedback on the Burton Sherlock or Burton Restricted Custom - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Looking for feedback on the Burton Sherlock or Burton Restricted Custom

One of the following two will probably end up on my feet this year. I am looking at other boards from other companies, but for the purpose of this thread. I do not care to receive any feedback not closely related to these two possiblites. The two choices are either the Burton Sherlock or Burton Restricted Custom, both in a 158W(please don't suggest a non-wide board, I have size 13s and that is NOT an option).

I ride all-mountain from bumps, trees, carving, ground tricks(i.e. butters, etc.), and park(jumps and Rails). So I'm looking for a board that can do it all. If you have riden these boards or one like it(i.e. the Custom V-rocker, or other board from Burton) please leave me your thoughts on the ride expereinced. If you have ridden both boards please let me know about the difference in ride feel that you felt between the two. If you just want to bitch about Burton go do that on a different thread, or if you want to suggest other boards make your own thread. Don't hi-jack my thread.

Thank you
gjsnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Your abrasive attitude is a bit off putting. Just so you know.

Why exactly would I start a new thread to recommend other boards too you? That doesn't make sense.

The combination of the camber under foot and the squeezebox right where the frostbite is also with the extra rocker outside the camber zone on the Custom makes the grip sub par on anything that isn't good snow. The Sherlock is generally softer so its easier to flatten out the camber zones and engage frostbite. Also its a whole heap of fun in powder snappin off rollers and what not.

Now, why can't we suggest anything else?

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Your abrasive attitude is a bit off putting. Just so you know.

Why exactly would I start a new thread to recommend other boards too you? That doesn't make sense.

The combination of the camber under foot and the squeezebox right where the frostbite is also with the extra rocker outside the camber zone on the Custom makes the grip sub par on anything that isn't good snow. The Sherlock is generally softer so its easier to flatten out the camber zones and engage frostbite. Also its a whole heap of fun in powder snappin off rollers and what not.

Now, why can't we suggest anything else?
The reason I said new threads for other board suggestions is I'm not interested in other board suggestions. I wasn't saying go write up a new thread for me on a board. But instead if you really must talk about a board make a thread about it (i.e. a board review). I've already done a mountain of research on multiple boards from multiple companies, now I'm just looking for specific feedback on ride comparisons between boards from certain manufacturers. The abrasiveness probably dripped through because I wasn't in the mood for posters who Burton bash and don't give any meaningful feedback. I might just be horomonal right now with it not being snowboard season.

Thank you for feedback by the way. It was exactly the type of feedback I was looking for.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Just curious, what research led you to these two boards?

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

I am pleased to recommend gnu riders choice. I demoed sherlock and customs.. No edgehold. What good is that? I do like burton supermodel x and some others.

Btw, all your commandments about what we can or cannot say... Is hateful kinda. Just go demo these boards for cryin out loud.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
The Rooster King

Burton really does suck so fucking bad tho...
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned!

I recommend an 85 lb 11 foot surfboard from 1965, some small warm waves and a joint (this part is critical for you).

GL
Old 09-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

You do realize that by demanding no suggestions and the manner you wrote your post only antagonizes everyone who reads it to do the opposite right?

Academy Propaganda rev - Rome 390 Boss
NS SL (for sale) - Ride Capo
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned!

Old 09-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Just curious, what research led you to these two boards?
I got to demo the Sherlock in a regular size and I have the ability to get deals on Burton Gear. I was thinking about the Custom Restricted so decided to reach out for input. I've already done this for Flow snowboards since I know one of their sponsored riders. Neversummer, Atomic, and Ride are on my list too, but at the time of this post I didn't need input since I was either looking at one board from a company or there was enough of a distinction between several models, and or other input from friends, co-workers.