I am sorry, but my help me choose thread o.O Thanks! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default I am sorry, but my help me choose thread o.O Thanks!

Ok so here is my help me pick a board thread. I know there are like a million out there, but for some reason I am still going to ask your guys for some help! And just so you know it is greatly appreciated! Ok so I will try to provide as much info as possible so you guys have the best idea of what I am after as you can.

Where I ride: Interior British Columbia
Home Mountain: White Water Ski Resort, Nelson, BC
Height: 5’11
Weight: 162lbs
Boot Size: 9US
Stance: Goofy
Experience: Last year was my first season, but I put in 30+ days. I went from the bunny hill on my first day; to black diamond’s my last day. I would still class myself as a beginner as there is a still lot I can’t do, even though I can enjoy the ride down a black.
Style of Riding: I have already become a powder snob, so I try to make first chair, which I do a lot. I stay to the backside of White Water which is mostly un-groomed. I started dipping into the trees to find interesting lines and untouched snow. I also hiked into some slack country a few times, which I know I will do more. By the end of last season I was really only on a groomer if there was no new snow or I was getting back to the chair lift. I really have no interest in getting into the park, not that there is much of one at White Water. I do plan on getting into the air a little bit this year, but just off natural drops and features.
Where I Will Ride This Season: I will probably spend 90% of my season at White Water and its slack country. I am going to try to get to Kicking Horse if all things align for me. I may also get a day in at Baldface through work and possibly another cat skiing operation. I am going to work 4x10 this winter and try to get 3 days a week at least on the hill, plus whatever other time I can take off.

Ok, I think that is as much info as I can think of. So onto the boards themselves. I 100% plan to buy at my local shop and I am already sold on buying a Neversummer board. At the end of last season I was able to demo a 159 Raptor and a 158 Cobra. When it was all said and done I did prefer the Raptor, which most people at the shop thought was weird. Maybe they were just super hyped about the Cobra, I don’t know. I came from riding a Capita 159 Spacemaster, which I think is just a Stairmaster with a cooler name. Anyways the boards I am debating are actually the Raptor(159) and the Heritage(158). From my research the tech in the 2012/13’s are very similar so I believe the overall durability should be the same. I think as of right now I am leaning towards the Heritage as it seems like a more all over the mountain board; just get it done anywhere it goes. The Raptor with some of its features seems like more of a “Big Mountain” style board excelling at the big powder lines. Trust me if my days only consisted of big powder lines I wouldn’t even be making this post….lol.

Secondly, I also need to make a binding choice. If I get the Heritage would the Burton Genesis be a good choice? I was originally thinking of Cartels, but that was before I had even seen the Genesis bindings. And I am sure the subject of boots might get asked and right now I have none. I am waiting for more to get into the shop to try them on. Last year I had Burton Motos and they were a great learning boot, but they are now for sale…lol The girl at the shop that has done right by me so far said I will really like the Ride Hy-Phi’s, but of course I will not know until walking around in them.

Anyways any feedback is greatly appreciated and with defiantly be utilized. I need to make an intelligent decision as this year I have the green light for spending from the wife, but I am not sure when that is going to happen again. My local shop says most everything will be showing up this week!

Local Shop Brands:
Boards: Neversummer, Burton, Ride, possibly other custom orders
Bindings: Burton, Ride, Flux, another brand new this year they won’t tell me yet >.<

Last edited by atr3yu; 09-16-2012 at 04:14 PM.
atr3yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

=( did I forget to brush my teeth or something?
atr3yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Buy a Machete. And brush your teeth.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Get a NS otherwise you'll have to change the avatar. Either the raptor, or heritage will serve you well. You really can't go wrong, my choice would be the heritage (for no reason).
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote