2 boards sharing the same binding and boots, possible? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2 boards sharing the same binding and boots, possible?

Hi,

I currently have a Salomon Pulse 156 Board with Firefly A5 S/M bindings and a pair of 8 1/2 Burton Invader boots. I am planning to buy a powder board like the Salomon Powder Snake or Sick Stick. Can I use the Firefly bindings and the Burton boots for the powder board? I will only use one board at a time anyway.

As long as the boards have the same 2x4 screw system and the width of the board fits the S/M sized bindings, i can use the Firefly bindings. Am I right?

this may sound like a stupid question but I really need some confirmation =D
kusanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusanagi View Post
Hi,

I currently have a Salomon Pulse 156 Board with Firefly A5 S/M bindings and a pair of 8 1/2 Burton Invader boots. I am planning to buy a powder board like the Salomon Powder Snake or Sick Stick. Can I use the Firefly bindings and the Burton boots for the powder board? I will only use one board at a time anyway.

As long as the boards have the same 2x4 screw system and the width of the board fits the S/M sized bindings, i can use the Firefly bindings. Am I right?

I would assume as long as they have matching hardware. some baseplates are thicker than others, so I would imagine each binding set will provide you with different screws, but other than that I'm sure the hardware is the same as long as they both have the same set up (2x4)
SnowOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

No won't work, you can try but, no.

TT

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

your fine, not sure what that guy means about baseplate thicknesses, you are using the same binding so the baseplate is the same.

just stay away from burton boards as they are the only ones with a different hole pattern. sick stick, or its budget brother the powdersnake are good boards.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
No won't work, you can try but, no.

TT
care to share why not? Somethin I'd be learning too then.
SnowOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Hi,

Boots are fine; you can switch bindings too, but I predict that you'll find this is a pain unless you rarely get the chance to go out in powder in which case it wouldn't happen often. If you can find some used bindings at decent price it's a lot less time messing around with the screwdriver to have two pairs.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walove View Post
your fine, not sure what that guy means about baseplate thicknesses, you are using the same binding so the baseplate is the same.

just stay away from burton boards as they are the only ones with a different hole pattern. sick stick, or its budget brother the powdersnake are good boards.

I assume the Sick Stick/ Powder Snake/ Pulse all have the same distance between their 2 x 4 holes for screws?? So that my bindings will fit into all 3 boards?

Sick Stick and Powder Snake, whats the main difference between them, apart from the fact that the powder snake would be cheaper?
Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
Boots are fine; you can switch bindings too, but I predict that you'll find this is a pain unless you rarely get the chance to go out in powder in which case it wouldn't happen often. If you can find some used bindings at decent price it's a lot less time messing around with the screwdriver to have two pairs.
I see, what models of bindings will be the best for the 2 powder boards?
Old 09-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I dont have any experience with the sick stick, but i own a powder snake and I love it. its a directional twin, floats pow like a dream, and still does pretty damn good on groomers. I'd recommend it. I used the same bindings (flow flite 3's) on it as i did on my k2 board and didnt have any issues with it.
volcom21d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I assume the Sick Stick/ Powder Snake/ Pulse all have the same distance between their 2 x 4 holes for screws?? So that my bindings will fit into all 3 boards?

Sick Stick and Powder Snake, whats the main difference between them, apart from the fact that the powder snake would be cheaper?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...der-snake.html

If your bindings fit the pulse, it should fit either powder snake/sick stick. the pulse has a 4x4 insert pattern and the powder/stick has a 4x2 but that shouldn't matter.

I don't have experience with either though, so I don't know if that binding/board combo would work well together.

Last edited by sil_23; 09-17-2012 at 02:22 PM.
sil_23 is offline   Reply With Quote