Choosing a board: NS SL, Lib tech TRS/Attack Banana - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #21 (permalink)

Really eh? Ya my anagram was a flat shape I believe but it took a lot of effort -- the skate banana must have been night/day!

I looked at a few Arbors, my buddies are all really into them... Mainly I was looking Coda or Element. I might be wrong but aren't they either full or full reverse camber? Like no hybrid? I had heard their grip-tech is very good too

That said, as you mentioned the new TRSs have been improving magne traction quite a bit...

You like the Proto-- but you're also (judgin by the SB) quite a freestyle rider?
Cormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #22 (permalink)

Mission Success!

Picked up my own Never Summer Proto CT 2013 at the show today! The last 154 left. Obviously there were no old NS boards to be found, but I got this one for $530.99+tax which isn't bad.

I'm really impressed with the topsheet in person it's badass.

Will post up some pix in a bit

Last edited by Cormier; 10-11-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #23 (permalink)

Some more detail -- still hard to get a feel for the topsheet and crazy colour combo in pictures

Old 10-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #24 (permalink)

Have a really odd question...figure I'll post it here.

Went to the snowboard show today, and I picked up a 154 for what seemed a really good deal (350+tax)

Funny thing I realized after I got home...my board doesn't have that last line in it below the address that lists the size of the board. I did some googling, and most every 2013 I find seems to have that little bit of info in it.

I know this is really strange, but I'm actually paranoid BECAUSE of the low price. I'm wondering if this means the board was an older version, or maybe had been sitting around for a while.

The guy who sold it to me just said the board had been given to him by the rep at a low price, but I just want to make sure I didn't somehow get scammed.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
Have a really odd question...figure I'll post it here.

Went to the snowboard show today, and I picked up a 154 for what seemed a really good deal (350+tax)

Funny thing I realized after I got home...my board doesn't have that last line in it below the address that lists the size of the board. I did some googling, and most every 2013 I find seems to have that little bit of info in it.

I know this is really strange, but I'm actually paranoid BECAUSE of the low price. I'm wondering if this means the board was an older version, or maybe had been sitting around for a while.

The guy who sold it to me just said the board had been given to him by the rep at a low price, but I just want to make sure I didn't somehow get scammed.
That last line you are missing is the serial number. Yours should have a serial hand engraved or printed somewhere on there. The important thing to take notice of is whether or not there is an N before the number. If there is an N then your board is a sample or demo board. The quality will generally be the same on these boards but most companies do not warranty sample boards. If there is no N then you have a full warranty and there is nothing to sweat.
duh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:50 AM   #26 (permalink)

Don't see anything...It's probably a demo board though. I just assumed all Never Summer's were covered by the 3yr it never occurred to me to double check the fact.

Pretty sure it's never been ridden, but I do see some very minor scuffing on it. It's a final sale anyways so hopefully it wasn't badly treated while at the store :S

Thank you for the info though. I now know for next time
Old 10-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #27 (permalink)

At 350 you got a steal though! Which show were you at?
Old 10-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #28 (permalink)

I think we both went to the same show...Toronto Ski and Snowboard show at the exhibition place?

I went on Sunday though - am not sure if the dealer had the same offer on the other days. The offer definitely seemed like a steal (especially since he offered it to me as soon as I picked up the board without any haggling). There was another 154 there as well, along with a 152 and number of evos. From what I was told they were all part of this "great deal" that he had received and so they were 350 for the protos and 300 for the evos (2013 all of them).

As I mentioned above there is some minor damage in two different edge sections of the topsheet, and a tiny bit of rust on one section of the tail. It's probably nothing I wouldn't have done to the board after a couple of runs down a hill...I'm more paranoid as I'm pretty sure I didn't get an honest history of the board.

Well...that and the lack of warranty.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #29 (permalink)

Ya I thought it was the same show I'm just surprised you managed to find one at that price!

Sounds like you did well though -- which retailer was it?