New Setup i'm eyeballing =) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Setup i'm eyeballing =)

Hello all!

This year being my first year back boarding since 2010 I will be picking up a new setup for all Mountain type riding.

Really looking for everyone's opinions. I don't mind spending money but I also don't mind if there's a just as good cheaper alternative.

So far i'v decided on

Lib-Tech TRS
Union Force Bindings
Either DC Ceptor or DC Gizmo's

Thoughts ? =)
CoolMike90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That board is well reviewed. I almost picked one up. Riders Choice if you want a bit more freestyle.

Boots whatever fits my man. Go try them on.

Union Forces you will get people who love it, and a lot who don't. Put your boot in it and see if the toe strap looks solid (main complaint although they keep fixing it).
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

sounds like a good set up to me. Like jdang said though about the bindings, you really want to try the toe strap with your boots. I've owned a couple pairs of unions and i loved them but i've heard quite a few people saying how poorly the toe strap fits with their boots. If it fits, I'd definitely recommend them but if it doesn't, then you probably won't want any union bindings. another good binding choice is rome, 390 boss specifically. their two straps are awesome and fit with pretty much any boots. I have ride delta bindings and they have sick toe straps as well.
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ahh yeah I am going to have to find out if my local shops even carry these boots and bindings. I was really planning on buying them off the interwebs. I also was looking at Flux and NOW bindings. Not really sure what your guys take on them are and I really dont know which ones are considered more all mtn bindings.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

If you can't try them on I'd at least buy them from an online site that will accept returns if they don't fit. I know flux bindings are supposed to be good. I think they're Japanese made and I don't really care for how they look and I've never used them. They're supposed to be up there with all the other high end bindings though. never heard of NOW bindings.
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

I suppose it all comes down to fit. I was reading a pretty good guide last night about getting the proper boot and binding fitting and everything in between like toe drag and such. I may have to change my board since im a 11.5
Old 09-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I found dc to fit small so you might want to try them on.

Some companies have smaller foot prints and will make it so you can stay on a reg width board.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For boots. Try them on. Now the "fitter" you go to should be measuring your foot on a brannock and for DC's putting you in a half size to a full size smaller. DC does not use heat moldable liners in anything that I know of and thus will pack out a half to a full size.

Board. Alright. I have plenty to say on this but wont. If you ride east coast fine, otherwise the magne on this is superfluous in moderate to good conditions and will only create drag. Also I'd rather ride a Flow Drifter and its over $100 cheaper...

Bindings. NOW if you can get them. Just cause I want to see those take off so the more people get them the better. It is a first year product. There will be minor issues here and there. There always is. The design is sound and does give you more leverage over your edges. Its a good binding. Otherwise Flow NX2-AT's will match great, Rome Targa's, Flux DMCC Lights or SF45's, or K2 Companies or for a responsive yet kinda surfy feel the IPO's (though the stiffest frame with the softest highback is relatively untested. However my second favorite Flux was the DS45, same frame as the SF but with the RK highback, so stiff frame soft highback.)

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote