Burton Custom X or Capita BSOD - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
GreatMilenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Burton Custom X or Capita BSOD

Hello,

First thank you in advanced, I'm new to the forums.

I currently own a 2009 Burton Custom X which I poked a hole in the bottom from a rock. It was repaired but seemed to be slower after the repair so looking for a new board. It's as if the base didn't have that smooth feel anymore.

I'm not on the up and up and new tech but saw great reviews from the Capita BSOD. I was wondering if the BSOD would feel like the Custom X in terms of a little stiffer ride. I wanted to try new tech, but wondered if I should stick with another Custom X which is what I'm used to.

All I really do is Bomb Hills, hit Jumps and freeride around the mountain. Park is a no no except for the jumps.

Any idea which way I should lean?


Custom X: Burton Custom X Snowboard Men's 2013 Reviews & Sale | trusnow.com

BSOD: CAPiTA The Black Snowboard of Death Limited Edition Snowboard 2012 | evo outlet
GreatMilenko is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 11:54 AM
TLN
Senior Member
 
TLN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatMilenko View Post
I currently own a 2009 Burton Custom X which I poked a hole in the bottom from a rock. It was repaired but seemed to be slower after the repair so looking for a new board. It's as if the base didn't have that smooth feel anymore.
Have you ever tried to wax your board with something but run-on-wax?
If i was buying a new board once i feel my board goes slow, i'd already spend milion bucks on it.

Who was repairng your board and was it ever waxed?
Post a hole, you got on your board.
TLN is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 10
I suspect that your mind is playing tricks on you, but a new board is fun in any case.

No opinion on the CapiTa but I am pretty sure that the 2013 Custom X will have a similar feel; I have in the past ugraded other Burton Boards to same board and the feel was quite similar. Sure there's some new tech, but despite the marketing that usually causes only slight changes.

I think if you demo the Capita you will already know what to expect from the newer custom X and will be able to choose.

That said the Capita is rocker camber rocker so I"m pretty sure you'll find it a much different ride vs true camber.
Lamps is offline  
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
GreatMilenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLN View Post
Have you ever tried to wax your board with something but run-on-wax?
If i was buying a new board once i feel my board goes slow, i'd already spend milion bucks on it.

Who was repairng your board and was it ever waxed?
Post a hole, you got on your board.
Sport Chalet, down here in Cali and yes I had it iron waxed 2 times after that initial hole. The hole was the size of a penny, and went through the base. But if you know what I'm talking about on the Custom X it felt super smooth on the bottom, then after the repair it was rough even after the wax.

I'm not an expert on repairs but wondered why that was the case. Maybe I'm just anal =P and its all in my head. But seriously it felt sluggish. Maybe I should just throw this out as well. When they repair a hole do they redo the base or just patch the hole?

Last edited by GreatMilenko; 09-20-2012 at 12:05 PM.
GreatMilenko is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-20-2012, 12:20 PM
TLN
Senior Member
 
TLN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatMilenko View Post
Sport Chalet, down here in Cali and yes I had it iron waxed 2 times after that initial hole. The hole was the size of a penny, and went through the base. But if you know what I'm talking about on the Custom X it felt super smooth on the bottom, then after the repair it was rough even after the wax.

I'm not an expert on repairs but wondered why that was the case. Maybe I'm just anal =P and its all in my head. But seriously it felt sluggish. Maybe I should just throw this out as well. When they repair a hole do they redo the base or just patch the hole?
I do live in Kazachstan and i dont know where sport Chalet is =)
I think when you say "hole" you mean hole in you base, right? not the hole you can see through?
I had one core shot:


And i got fixed this in a local shop, check out right side.

I bet it was sonething with your wax: get a fast base, that fast wax with the proper temperature rating(i bet the problem is here) and you'll be fine.

This will save you a tons of money. If this will work, you can buy me some beer later
TLN is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,055
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 10
The Custom X is going to be stiffer than the BSOD. Also, the BSOD is hybrid camber, whereas the Custom X is traditional camber. The ride should be noticeably different. The BSOD is a fun ride though, and is made pretty much for your riding style, but with a little freestyle flair. Try to demo them both and then decide if you can.

Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
GreatMilenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Interesting, thanks for all the responses. I think you were right on when you said it was probably the wax.... The boards base does feel a lot better then it did. I didn't get to go riding last year, took it out today and did an inspection.

Now I think I'll still convince my fiance the board is broken... since she knows nothing. Lawl!

EDIT: Wow not to mention I just watched the repair video on the forums and I'm an idiot. Rofl. Well at least NOW I KNOW how they repair boards. =P

Last edited by GreatMilenko; 09-21-2012 at 07:36 PM.
GreatMilenko is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 947
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatMilenko View Post
Interesting, thanks for all the responses. I think you were right on when you said it was probably the wax.... The boards base does feel a lot better then it did. I didn't get to go riding last year, took it out today and did an inspection.

Now I think I'll still convince my fiance the board is broken... since she knows nothing. Lawl!
5 posts and your a life member...?
Wait till' you meet Angry....
blunted_nose is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
GreatMilenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I support a Forum I found interesting to read.... I work for a living and throwing some extra cash toward a forum I enjoy and find informative is a crime? Whatever.
GreatMilenko is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2012, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 947
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatMilenko View Post
I support a Forum I found interesting to read.... I work for a living and throwing some extra cash toward a forum I enjoy and find informative is a crime? Whatever.
no, no its not, actually glad you support it. Cuz i sure dont




Just kidding.
blunted_nose is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome