Whos rocking camber? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Whos rocking camber?

So with the new season approaching I have been debating what to ride primarily. I bought a barely rode 2010 Ride DH 159 super cheap for my collection (one of my favorite graphics) and started thinking about riding that or my 2008 157 Ride society more this year. So I was wondering if anyone out their still rocks or prefers a good ol fashioned camber decks. I also bought a 2012 158 NS SL this season for more of a do it all board. Ive never ridden a rocker hybrid camber yet tho so I may love that and ride it non stop.

Academy Propaganda rev - Rome 390 Boss
New for 14-15
Yes the Basic - Now IPO
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I am on camber and likely will never stray. I learned on flat. Moved to camber. Then last year I tried rocker and although it is playful and fun I like a serious board. I bought a Rome Mod 2012. That is my board. Unless it breaks I will never ride another board again. I forgot how great traditional camber was.
ThunderChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

Ive got rocker, NS hybrid and old skool camber. My go to board is camber. I dont do park.
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm about to sell my last cambered board. Well, my rock board was camber, but the camber has pretty much been ridden out of it at this point, so it's pretty much a zero camber board now.

My splitboard is cambered.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
I am on camber and likely will never stray. I learned on flat. Moved to camber. Then last year I tried rocker and although it is playful and fun I like a serious board. I bought a Rome Mod 2012. That is my board. Unless it breaks I will never ride another board again. I forgot how great traditional camber was.
I'm curious if thats how I'll feel also. I have not ridden a camber board in the last 2 seasons so I'm wondering if I'll get stoked on it. I also have not ridden a real snappy board either. My local place is small and not too steep so I primarily ride soft playful boards so that will be different and hopefully fun.

New for 14-15
Yes the Basic - Now IPO
Old 09-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I don't get this attitude of serious = camber.

Is anything but traditional camber a joke?

With the newer edge techs, I'm not sure there's a single thing that camber does better than the rockered designs. The only real advantage camber had was grip.

I do like that poppy feeling of camber coming out of turns, but it's more of a mental thing. I don't think that it's a real advantage.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Learned on a camber board, and my latest board was bought before the whole camber vs rocker vs hybrid mentality sprung up, so I'm a camber rider . Haven't tried a rocker, but I've been thinking about demoing some hybrid boards.
digZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post

With the newer edge techs, I'm not sure there's a single thing that camber does better than the rockered designs. The only real advantage camber had was grip.

I do like that poppy feeling of camber coming out of turns, but it's more of a mental thing. I don't think that it's a real advantage.
Ya edge tech has come a long way. I have ridden full rocker and did not like it what so ever. I wasn't really comfortable with that super loose feeling.

Stability and consistantly pop maybe the biggest advantage I read about for camber. Most the big jump slope style guys seem to be riding either camber or a camber hybrid instead of rocker or rocker hybrid. I believe I read (this may be wrong tho) that the triple cork has only been landed on camber and hybrid camber boards.

New for 14-15
Yes the Basic - Now IPO
Old 09-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm all about hybrid camber. Not a big fan of pure reverse camber, but honestly there isn't that much of that these days. Most everything is going hybrid.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:

Yes.

Quote:

That's not a mental thing, it's called rebound.
nzshred is offline   Reply With Quote