SL or Legacy - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default SL or Legacy

So I'm really torn between the SL and the Legacy.

I wear an 11.5 burton ruler boot with the shrink tech.

A buddy of mine just bought a bataleon with a WW of 254. My bindings come right up to the edge of the board both heel and toe side. actually the toe ramp come "just" off the edge.

The boot doesnt hit the floor when going to 45 degrees on either side. nor do the toe ramps.

Am i good on getting the SL or do i need to buy a mid wide legacy?

Any performance differences if i go with the mid wide legacy vs the narrow SL??

I am a newish rider, looking to get in the trees this year as well as learning to go down the blacks. My noodle board can't handle the blacks right now, just washes out every single time and WILL NOT hold an edge at speed.
kleraudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

You should be fine with the SL, 11.5 isn't that big.

I ride a legacy with a size 14 boot.
Kilgore Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleraudio View Post
So I'm really torn between the SL and the Legacy.

I wear an 11.5 burton ruler boot with the shrink tech.

A buddy of mine just bought a bataleon with a WW of 254. My bindings come right up to the edge of the board both heel and toe side. actually the toe ramp come "just" off the edge.

The boot doesnt hit the floor when going to 45 degrees on either side. nor do the toe ramps.

Am i good on getting the SL or do i need to buy a mid wide legacy?

Any performance differences if i go with the mid wide legacy vs the narrow SL??

I am a newish rider, looking to get in the trees this year as well as learning to go down the blacks. My noodle board can't handle the blacks right now, just washes out every single time and WILL NOT hold an edge at speed.
How often are you going to ask this question!? By now you have had a bunch of people in different threads telling you that the regular width SL is fine. In fact, the Legacy is too wide for you.

Also, it is absolutely not true that your Garage Rocker cannot handle black runs. What bullshit - learn to ride properly before mouthing off!

Last edited by hktrdr; 09-26-2012 at 09:49 AM.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

hk my bad man, i thought i asked this in the other forum im on.

Anyways, Im going reg width Didn't mean to piss you off so bad man.

Hey I'd love to learn to ride properly, but can't afford lessons. Any good places online to see or read some lessons on riding correctly?

And how do I NOT wash out on steep runs?? Is there a tip you can offer when making turns and not washing out? Is there some sort of weight transfer nose to tail while turning?
Old 09-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
hk my bad man, i thought i asked this in the other forum im on.

Anyways, Im going reg width Didn't mean to piss you off so bad man.

Hey I'd love to learn to ride properly, but can't afford lessons. Any good places online to see or read some lessons on riding correctly?
You can afford a new NS deck but cannot afford lessons!? Bullshit. Simple solution: Don't buy the new board and spend the money on lessons instead - a couple of lessons will make a real difference and will make you a much better rider, a new board at this point will not. If you cannot go down a black run on a Garage Rocker (a perfectly good board), you will not be able to go down the same run on an NS.

Quote:
And how do I NOT wash out on steep runs?? Is there a tip you can offer when making turns and not washing out? Is there some sort of weight transfer nose to tail while turning?
Simple: Use proper technique. Most importantly, engage the edge and stack your weight above the board/the edge to have proper balance and edge pressure. An instructor can show you how to do this...

Last edited by hktrdr; 09-26-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

HK,

Thanks for the tips on that. And I dont want to get into a pissing match online about money, but.... I've been saving for 3 months now and ive got 2 more to go for a new board. I won't be buying it till december anyways so I can learn to take that rocker down the steeps first. Ive got 6 days under my belt, so im still very new to this but I am a quick learner and was doing jumps my last day out. I just washed out on the 2 steep runs i tried.

If I'm gonna save 5 months, I'd rather have a board than a lesson. That's just me though man.

I do appreciate your help and your helpful posts throughout the forums!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
HK,

Thanks for the tips on that. And I dont want to get into a pissing match online about money, but.... I've been saving for 3 months now and ive got 2 more to go for a new board. I won't be buying it till december anyways so I can learn to take that rocker down the steeps first. Ive got 6 days under my belt, so im still very new to this but I am a quick learner and was doing jumps my last day out. I just washed out on the 2 steep runs i tried.

If I'm gonna save 5 months, I'd rather have a board than a lesson. That's just me though man.

I do appreciate your help and your helpful posts throughout the forums!
Alright man, good luck. You asked for advice and you got it from a bunch of people. Up to you what you do with it - we can lead a horse to water, but we cannot make it drink...

Whatever you do, hope it works out for you and you have fun.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Dammit man now you got me thinking!

What does a lesson usually run? Im in CO, any good places to look for lessons? Or the instructors on the mtn usually know their shit?
Old 10-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Dammit man now you got me thinking!

What does a lesson usually run? Im in CO, any good places to look for lessons? Or the instructors on the mtn usually know their shit?
Or find a friend to teach you, for the cost of a few beers at the lodge bar afterwards!
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Triple,

Yea my brother in law taught me last season and he's been riding 11 years. He was a good teacher and we were going pretty fast and i started doing small jumps off of small rollers Was a good feeling!