Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Graft or Artifact (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/4980-graft-artifact.html)

gdthomas 04-01-2008 08:57 PM

Graft or Artifact
 
So I was looking for a park board and narrowed it down to the artifact or graft. I was looking at either a 149/151 graft or a 150 artifact.

I wanted it for mainly rails and jumps since I already have an all mountain board and I was leaning more towards the graft than the artifact since I have heard the artifact is kinda flimsy for doing jumps. And I was worried that the bronze edges would get messed up to much if I were to hit them on rails or something. Any suggestions?

thelowerclass 04-01-2008 09:10 PM

The bronze edges are made for rails. I'd say it would depend on the size of the jumps you're hitting, if they're just mid-large then I'd say the artifact since flimsy boards are so damn fun and aren't that hard to jump with, but if you mean huge ass booters then the graft.

gdthomas 04-01-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelowerclass (Post 45957)
The bronze edges are made for rails. I'd say it would depend on the size of the jumps you're hitting, if they're just mid-large then I'd say the artifact since flimsy boards are so damn fun and aren't that hard to jump with, but if you mean huge ass booters then the graft.

Yeah I know they are made for less edge catching on rails but isn't bronze not as durable as steel edges? Yeah I am only talking like small-medium jumps.

gdthomas 04-02-2008 09:53 PM

Would the artifact 150's waist width of 24.8 cm be too narrow for a 10.5 boot/large binding when ducked out at +15/-15?

rgrwilco 04-03-2008 08:32 AM

hells no. 24.8 is the width of alot of boards in the 155 range. rome seems to like to make their boards a bit wider then the norm. which im not complaining one bit

redneckrider 04-03-2008 09:44 AM

i would go with the artifact plus they have super cool graphics

livelyjay 04-03-2008 01:48 PM

Buy them both :)

Why not the Machine? It's right inbetween the Graft and Artifact for abilities.

kri$han 04-03-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livelyjay (Post 46298)
Buy them both :)

Why not the Machine? It's right inbetween the Graft and Artifact for abilities.

The machine is the wide version of the artifact, no?

I was looking at it, since my stance is only +15/-9, I'd need something with a larger waist than 25cm, and less then 155 in length cuz im a lightweight....

livelyjay 04-04-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kri$han (Post 46300)
The machine is the wide version of the artifact, no?

I was looking at it, since my stance is only +15/-9, I'd need something with a larger waist than 25cm, and less then 155 in length cuz im a lightweight....

You are correct. The Machine is a wide version of the Artifact and adds about 1cm to the waist width.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2