Gnu Danny Kass C2 BTX '12 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Gnu Danny Kass C2 BTX '12

Does anyone have any experience /w the Gnu Danny Kass C2 BTX 158? I was trying to help my buddy get his first board, and saw it on sale for $380. Any pros or cons or know of a better board for sale that is similar?

Last edited by SnowOwl; 09-26-2012 at 01:55 PM.
SnowOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Guess it doesn't matter now, got it along with a pair of Cartel EST's for a pretty good price for him. I think he'll be stoked
Old 09-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

ESTs won't work with that board. You will need the non-EST Cartels. Unless you actually got the non-EST's and didn't mean to post that way. I have a '12 DK with '12 Cartel Restricteds, haven't ridden it yet but I got it cheap and can't wait to give it a try.
AJHXXXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHXXXIII View Post
ESTs won't work with that board. You will need the non-EST Cartels. Unless you actually got the non-EST's and didn't mean to post that way. I have a '12 DK with '12 Cartel Restricteds, haven't ridden it yet but I got it cheap and can't wait to give it a try.
I think they make adaptor or that may be for the EST boards. I really don't like EST so not really sure.
jdmccright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmccright View Post
I think they make adaptor or that may be for the EST boards. I really don't like EST so not really sure.
I know EST Bindings don't work on non-EST boards, I have both. There isn't an adapter for EST bindings to work non-EST boards. There are adapter disks made by binding companies to make non-EST bindings work with EST boards, I have some.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I know EST Bindings don't work on non-EST boards, I have both. There isn't an adapter for EST bindings to work non-EST boards. There are adapter disks made by binding companies to make non-EST bindings work with EST boards, I have some.
Nope, you're right I was referring to the wrong one. Good thing i didn't buy it yet. Which ver. of the Cartels fit with disks? Does the Reflex model work?

Last edited by SnowOwl; 09-27-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerkat89 View Post
Nope, you're right I was referring to the wrong one. Good thing i didn't buy it yet. Which ver. of the Cartels fit with disks? Does the Reflex model work?
You will want the reflex model for the Danny Kass board. Just so you know there are places that have last years custom restricted for as low as 160 on the internet if you want the asymmetrical ankle strap.

BURTON : Burton Cartel - Darkness

I have never bought from this place but they have them cheap. My local shop had them for $149 when I bought mine, might be worth a call to some locals around you.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
You will want the reflex model for the Danny Kass board. Just so you know there are places that have last years custom restricted for as low as 160 on the internet if you want the asymmetrical ankle strap.

BURTON : Burton Cartel - Darkness

I have never bought from this place but they have them cheap. My local shop had them for $149 when I bought mine, might be worth a call to some locals around you.
So I wound up trying to buy those, but they ended up being out of stock. Bust. They're a good company, located here in Cali. I called them b/c i put the wrong shipping address, they took care of it fast and then realized they were out of stock, and easily cancelled the transaction. Oh well...I guess I'll have to keep searching.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

So did you get the board already? If not, here are a couple of threads with reviews/descriptions:
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...ass-c2btx.html
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...too-cheap.html
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...ing-board.html

Basically it is a stiff jump board for kickers and the pipe. Good for what is designed for, but very specific.

Last edited by hktrdr; 10-01-2012 at 10:23 AM.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerkat89 View Post
So I wound up trying to buy those, but they ended up being out of stock. Bust. They're a good company, located here in Cali. I called them b/c i put the wrong shipping address, they took care of it fast and then realized they were out of stock, and easily cancelled the transaction. Oh well...I guess I'll have to keep searching.
That is likely a lucky break. The Danny Kass is not a great choice for a new rider. It is one of the few boards out there that is really beefed up for power riding and going huge. It is awesome for the right rider but it is not a forgiving model and he will be much happier on a more neutral design.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote