need all mountain board. i cant decide. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default need all mountain board. i cant decide.

I want to get an all mountain board that can do everything. Right now I have a crappy rome garage rocker and to be honest I don't like it. It was cheap so I got it but I want to go faster and be able to hit some jumps and the board is just a damn noodle. I want a board that can carve well, be pretty easy to control, handle jumps decently, has some good speed, and has some decent float in pow. I have been looking at the BSOD, totally fk'n awesome, and ride dh2. My price limit is going to be around $400. What are some other boards I need to be looking at? I want to ride this board for the next few years. Thank you.
ace9213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

arbor blacklist is my first pick or a flow drifter.
readimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm sure others may help more, but here is a list of some good do it all boards I have read reviews over and shit. I have not ridden all these but was just lookin for the same thing and ended up getting the Never Summer SL.
- Never Summer proto ct: more park but can do everything okay. Odds are you won't find one for sub $400
- Never Summer SL: less park oriented but a great jack of all trades board. Also may be hard to find south of $400
- Rossignal One Magtek: you don't hear about this board much but I've read some reviews and people seem to really enjoy it. Sounds like a very solid quiver killer and I was super close to getting this but ended up spending a little extra and getting the SL. It also has suddle magnetraction and Evo.com has the 2012 for $206 right now
Rossignol One Magtek Snowboard 2012 | evo outlet
- Ride Mechete GT vrs DH2: these two seem to be almost identical boards from what I read, but Mechete GT may be a touch softer although I'm sure.
- Yes the Greats: haven't dug to into it but people seem to really like it.
- GNU Riders Choice: diddo
- Lib tech TRS: more park oriented but can do it all. Going to be hard to find it sub $400 probably.
- Lib Tech T-Rice: all mountain ripper. Have not here very many negatives about this board. Will be a bit stiffer than the TRS. Just depends if your a fan of magnetraction or not. Probably going to be hard to find a last year.

There's others but those were what I was really looking into.

Academy Propaganda rev - Rome 390 Boss
New for 14-15
Yes the Basic - Now IPO
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yes I have heard good things about that Rossy. The Never Summer SL looks so nice. I know everyone on here loves NS. I found a 2012 model online for $350. Should I bite? Since you have the board, can you tell me a bit about it? Thank you for the reply. Appreciate all the information I can get.

edit:actually I didn't find one for $350. oh well

Last edited by ace9213; 09-26-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ya most online retailers are sold out. I found mine for $300 at a shop someone bought used once and then returned this summer. I have yet to get to ride it tho. The profile is supposed to make it rather agile while still having real good grip with the camber under foot and variogrip. Thegoodride.com has the SL and the Rossi listed as two of their staff favorite quiver killers.

Academy Propaganda rev - Rome 390 Boss
New for 14-15
Yes the Basic - Now IPO
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

Wow that is a really goos snag. I need to check out the shops around here to see what they have. I'm just so damn busy with school lately.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for good all mountain boards?
Old 09-27-2012, 12:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

Ive had the NS SL for 2 seasons now and absolutely love it...charges super hard through pow/chunder, SUPER poppy and plenty of flex for those butters. So much I even convinced by best friend to get one and i think my other buddy is now looking into them after getting the skate banana a year back..

Havent got to ride any of their other models but hoping to check out the proto ct and the evo at a demo this season. But either way with the R/C camber you cant go wrong in my opinion
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:52 AM   #8 (permalink)

Wow thank you so much. It is great hearing others opinions on boards. I'm not a super hardcore snowboarder but I want something that can do everything and last. I will be looking more into the never summer line up from shops around here.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:18 AM   #9 (permalink)

Arbor blacklist or westmark.
61ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Please post up your weight and foot size. We will need those to make strong suggestions for you. What size Garage Rocker were you on?
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote