Which Never Summer Proto to get? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Which Never Summer Proto to get?

Hey,

I'm thinking about buying a Never Summer Proto here in the UK. I'm 6ft with 175 lbs and have size 11 US/10 UK Nitro Team TLS boots, which are probably a little bigger than comparable Burton boots.

Not sure which Proto to get. I can get the 154 Proto for a discount, but am very insecure if this is too narrow. Last year I checked out a Gnu Park Pickle 153 with 253mm Waist with my Setup and had quite a bit of overhang on the heel side. But maybe the Proto is for some kind different? A page in the UK says that the 154 and 157 are fine for UK 9-11 boots. Still 251 mm Waist seem way too small. The 154 Proto is the only board I can get for a discount though. I attached some picutes of my setup on the Park Pickle:

Would be happy for an answer. Thanks
frechdaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

I had the exact same boots on a proto ctx 55 (wide). These boots don't have reduced footprint so it's a close call. I personally wouldn't put them on the 54. Also because with your Cartels you have hardly any centering options for your boot except for these three holes in the disc (which I don't find good enough).
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

So the 57 should be the way to go? Isnt it too big for my size and weight because I read that it rides much longer.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

I wouldn't say the 57 is too long but at your weight the 54 is better. You always have the option to buy a 55 wide but there's some downsides to that and it would suck just to buy a wide because your boots have a huge footprint.

You might consider buying the 54 with your discount and see how much you have left over and buy some shrink tech boots. You can still get pretty cheap models from last year.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Pulled the trigger on the 157 Never Summer. The 253 Waist should be fine and if not I will probably do as you said and try to get other boots from last season. My Team TLS have only seen 14 days of riding, so it wont probably that hard to sell them. Thanks a lot for your help