Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Help to choose 2 sets (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/49857-help-choose-2-sets.html)

MasterX 09-28-2012 06:52 AM

Help to choose 2 sets

Hello
I want choose 2 sets of board and bindings for me and my wife
We are going to 2 weeks riding holidays and rent costs 110 eur per week - and i deride that it will be better to buy board moreover we have place in a car
She is 55kg 166cm novice and she already has a boot Burton Botique

Burton Deja Vu Flying V 2011/2012 146 (was rejected due to color :)
Burton Blender ICS Snowboard (145cm) 2012
and burton binding
Scribe Est white 2010/2011

But i want board a little bit harder
All the time before i had all my equipment rented

Rossignol Experience Magtek - i don't remember exactly size - it was first board after snowboard course -something like 164
it was good but on speed higher than 50 km\h it starting to vibrate

several board which i dont remember - nothing good (one of the has brand Good)

and last 2 which i remember
burton custom - not wide - and it wasnt good for me..
and after (and before it)
166w burton honcho it was better than custom (but as i see now its really wiiide board)
I'm 184cm, My weight was 78-80 kg , and now im 10 kg less
Here i see o lot of buront and ride at stock - but im not limited by only this two brands

I have Burton ION boots - size 12

I have choose
Burton Custom Flying V ICS Snowboard (158W) 2012
with
Burton MALAVITA EST Bindung 2011

and now im looking on
RIDE Highlife 2011
with Capo 2012 or Maestro 2012 or Optimo 2011 i dont know with size is better L or XL
and about board size what is better 158w or 164?

Im riding mostly in piste and sometimes off piste if there is powder enough

Lamps 09-28-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterX (Post 521521)
Hello
I want choose 2 sets of board and bindings for me and my wife
We are going to 2 weeks riding holidays and rent costs 110 eur per week - and i deride that it will be better to buy board moreover we have place in a car
She is 55kg 166cm novice and she already has a boot Burton Botique

Burton Deja Vu Flying V 2011/2012 146 (was rejected due to color :)
Burton Blender ICS Snowboard (145cm) 2012
and burton binding
Scribe Est white 2010/2011

But i want board a little bit harder
All the time before i had all my equipment rented

Rossignol Experience Magtek - i don't remember exactly size - it was first board after snowboard course -something like 164
it was good but on speed higher than 50 km\h it starting to vibrate

several board which i dont remember - nothing good (one of the has brand Good)

and last 2 which i remember
burton custom - not wide - and it wasnt good for me..
and after (and before it)
166w burton honcho it was better than custom (but as i see now its really wiiide board)
I'm 184cm, My weight was 78-80 kg , and now im 10 kg less
Here i see o lot of buront and ride at stock - but im not limited by only this two brands

I have Burton ION boots - size 12

I have choose
Burton Custom Flying V ICS Snowboard (158W) 2012
with
Burton MALAVITA EST Bindung 2011

and now im looking on
RIDE Highlife 2011
with Capo 2012 or Maestro 2012 or Optimo 2011 i dont know with size is better L or XL
and about board size what is better 158w or 164?

Im riding mostly in piste and sometimes off piste if there is powder enough

For her consider burton feather, my wife learned on one, especially used and then flip for a better board later. scribe binding is good choice, lexa is better, avoid stilletto binding unless you plan on selling for a better binding next season, it's cheap but not great construction, and toe cap is lousy.

For you I think you'd be very happy with custom flying v wide version. Consider sherlock at 158W (I have one in the regular width), fun all round board that designed to also be good in deep snow when you're lucky enough to get some.

Others can advise on the various non-Burton options - note that burton boards have the channel system which limits you to burton bindings pretty much. Personally strongly prefer the channel and so I don't mind being limited to burton boards and bindings, lots of different opinions on this.

Timberline 09-28-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamps (Post 521555)
For her consider burton feather, my wife learned on one, especially used and then flip for a better board later. scribe binding is good choice, lexa is better, avoid stilletto binding unless you plan on selling for a better binding next season, it's cheap but not great construction, and toe cap is lousy.

For you I think you'd be very happy with custom flying v wide version. Consider sherlock at 158W (I have one in the regular width), fun all round board that designed to also be good in deep snow when you're lucky enough to get some.

Others can advise on the various non-Burton options - note that burton boards have the channel system which limits you to burton bindings pretty much. Personally strongly prefer the channel and so I don't mind being limited to burton boards and bindings, lots of different opinions on this.

Most bindings that AREN'T burton are dual compatible with a disk; most bindings either come with that disk or if you ask the manufacturer they'll mail you a set. That being said honestly don't go with burton bindings unless you understand that they probably won't work with anything other than burton.

MasterX 09-28-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

scribe binding is good choice, lexa is better, avoid stilletto binding unless you plan on selling

Tnx - Lexa and stilletto are the ~same price -i can go to Lexa if its better

Quote:

ok tnx i guess so, but have you tried non burton boards?

im seriously looking on Ride Highlife=) especially after several big reviews

MasterX 09-28-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timberline (Post 521561)
Most bindings that AREN'T burton are dual compatible with a disk; most bindings either come with that disk or if you ask the manufacturer they'll mail you a set.

its one of the reason to buy non Burton =)

MasterX 10-02-2012 06:40 PM

Going to order burton for wife - but still cant decide what is better
Ride Highlife or Burton custom flying

LTshredTN 10-02-2012 11:13 PM

get the highlife or the berzerker!! no burton

Nivek 10-02-2012 11:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Timberline (Post 521561)
Most bindings that AREN'T burton are dual compatible with a disk; most bindings either come with that disk or if you ask the manufacturer they'll mail you a set. That being said honestly don't go with burton bindings unless you understand that they probably won't work with anything other than burton.

That is literally just EST. All their Reflex stuff fits on 4 hole and 3D.

There is nothing wrong with Burton. And nearly everyone's 2013 bindings have a disc that fits on the Channel.

Custom to Highlife isn't a great comparison. If you're looking at he Custom it makes more sense to compare that to the Berzerker.

Also look at the Flow Drifter, Salomon Grip, Signal OG Flat, K2 TurboDream, or an Arbor Coda.

MasterX 10-03-2012 01:57 PM

is it make sense to get reflex bindings on ISC boards?

hktrdr 10-03-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterX (Post 522725)
is it make sense to get reflex bindings on ISC boards?

Yes and no.

Yes, if you might want to use the bindings with non-ICS boards (either as replacement for the ICS baord or as quiver addition).

No, if you believe you will keep the board for as long as the bindings (or that you will replace it with another ICS board) and only use the bindings on your ICS boards.