What about spares? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What about spares?

Do you guys usually bring spare bindings, boards or boots along? Or do they just not fail that often to make it necessary? I was wonderin gif it would be worthwhile to have a spare set of bindings. Especially because I saw the Ride RXs that would go good with my Ride Decade board on whiskeymilitia.com for $82.

I've got BOA boots. What happens if you break a lace? Hard to replace? Good to have a spare set of boots?
Duck Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2008, 12:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
livelyjay

Depends. If you're going on a week long trip it might be wise to bring along some spare equipment. I've had my gear for 8 years and nothing has ever broken, but I only used it for freeride. I can tell you that next season for the East Coast meet I'll be bringing two sets of goggles (and lenses for different light conditions), at least two sets of gloves, and both my boards (one is freeride, another is all mountain). For my day trips to the local resort I bring a set of screwdrivers and that's it.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
rewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Commander View Post
Do you guys usually bring spare bindings, boards or boots along? Or do they just not fail that often to make it necessary? I was wonderin gif it would be worthwhile to have a spare set of bindings. Especially because I saw the Ride RXs that would go good with my Ride Decade board on whiskeymilitia.com for $82.

I've got BOA boots. What happens if you break a lace? Hard to replace? Good to have a spare set of boots?
I would think replacing the strap in a BOA boot is very damn hard. But I've never had to do it. What brand are your boots? The reason I ask is because I had some Ride bindings a few years back (I think they were EX's, maybe LX's) that my DC Boa boots wouldn't fit into. The boots were too wide. So I thought I'd throw that warning out there. Granted, this was a good 5 or 6 years ago, and may not be applicable information anymore...
Old 04-02-2008, 02:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewind View Post
I would think replacing the strap in a BOA boot is very damn hard. But I've never had to do it. What brand are your boots? The reason I ask is because I had some Ride bindings a few years back (I think they were EX's, maybe LX's) that my DC Boa boots wouldn't fit into. The boots were too wide. So I thought I'd throw that warning out there. Granted, this was a good 5 or 6 years ago, and may not be applicable information anymore...

I've got DC BOA boots. I was working with a guy at a local bike/board shop and we were going to go with the RXs but they didn't have the blue and white ones in my size and the red/black ones just didn't look good on the blue/white board so I ended up going with SPIs. Of course then I see the RXs on whisky militia for cheap and am faced with the dilemma of what do when you no longer need something but it's offered at a great price.

I was just thinking how breaking a lace on the BOA boot or a binding could kind of be a bummer. Of course you could always go rent. I'll probably just keep my eyes on craigslist for a backup setup.
Duck Commander is offline   Reply With Quote