Completely torn on which of these boards to get - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Completely torn on which of these boards to get

So I'm in between 5'11" and 6' and 175-185 depending on if I'm skating/ snowboarding or training/lifting more. I have maybe five boards I'm really looking at getting. Those boards are the Lobster Park/ Jib board, Stepchild jib stick and lib tech skate banana or attack banana. I'm definitely more of a buttering around guy, who loves to hit rails/boxes and some small to medium sized kickers here and there. I'm an intermediate rider who was out last season and I'm looking to get better on jumps this year. I'm sticking with small to medium kickers and don't plan on doing any booters. I'd really like to learn 5's this year. I wasn't even originally going to consider the lib tech's, but my local shop just bought out a warehouse of lib tech and they have a ton of last years skate banana's for $300 and attack banana's for $320 which is a steal. I was pretty sold on the jib stick as I like de tuned edges and the board has gotten great reviews. I like the banana's ,but I feel like de tuning the magnetraction edges defeats the whole purpose of the board. I had gnu street series btx 3 years ago and the board just kind of felt like a plank, it chattered hardcore and the nose and tail would chip because the edges weren't wrapped. I don't know if the technology has changed and the banana's are better now and less plank like feeling. I was considering the lobster because halldor is my favorite rider and have always wanted to try a bataleon and their triple base technology. So that would be kind of a win/ win. I have no idea what size to get because of the the different flexes of the boards. I will be getting rome 390's( possibly the bosses) as I loved my last pair I had. Also are sintered bases really that much faster than extruded? I'd love some input.

Thanks, Braden
braden717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Eh, none of those? The Lobsters are just Bataleons, get a GW or Whatever if you want TBT. The Banana will not feel much different than the Street you had and the durability thing is still an issue as they have made no changes. The Jibstick was a fun ride, 3 years ago. It hasn't changed since and there are just other better options out there now. The Attack is a high speed park board or a freestyle/freeride board. Not what you want.

So, GW and Whatever are solid options, take a look at the Flow Era, Salomon Villain, Echelon Franken for more serious jumping, Signal Park, Rome Shank 153, Arbor Blacklist, or a Nitro Rook.

All in the 154 to 157 range. Smaller is jibbier. Bigger is jumpier.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote