Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   2012 NS Pandora 146 (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/49936-2012-ns-pandora-146-a.html)

East告de 10-02-2012 08:01 AM

2012 NS Pandora 146

So my girlfriend got herself a board last year to "surprise" me, and she did well learning on it..i believe it is an alibi rogue. anyway, we saw an NS Pandora 146 for sale from last season in a local shop..$280 out the door brand new for it. i was debating on having her buy it and sell the alibi, but she was worried it's too much board for her. personally, i think a shorter board and the hybrid camber would acually be better, and i thought maybe seeing some of your opinions might help her. she's 5'3 and tops out at a whopping 110lbs soaking wet, size 7 boots. What do you guys think? I just think this is a board she can really progress on over the next 2 or 3 seasons

sleev-les 10-02-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by East告de (Post 522348)
So my girlfriend got herself a board last year to "surprise" me, and she did well learning on it..i believe it is an alibi rogue. anyway, we saw an NS Pandora 146 for sale from last season in a local shop..$280 out the door brand new for it. i was debating on having her buy it and sell the alibi, but she was worried it's too much board for her. personally, i think a shorter board and the hybrid camber would acually be better, and i thought maybe seeing some of your opinions might help her. she's 5'3 and tops out at a whopping 110lbs soaking wet, size 7 boots. What do you guys think? I just think this is a board she can really progress on over the next 2 or 3 seasons

My little cousin is riding a Pandora. Same size I believe. It's what she is learning on and is doing pretty well with it. I don't think your g/f would have any issues.

East告de 10-02-2012 09:04 AM

shes just worried shes going to look like a "poser" riding an NS while she's learning..i personally think its a good investment for her.

sleev-les 10-02-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by East告de (Post 522362)
shes just worried shes going to look like a "poser" riding an NS while she's learning..i personally think its a good investment for her.

Tell her to do it and stop worrying about other people. Its all about her progress and having a board she will enjoy.

East告de 10-02-2012 09:42 AM

thats what i said haha.. i think ill try and sell her current board first so she has some incentive to buy the new one..before its gone

sleev-les 10-02-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by East告de (Post 522371)
thats what i said haha.. i think ill try and sell her current board first so she has some incentive to buy the new one..before its gone

If you've got the money, go grab it. I was in the shop the day they put this years gear out and grabbed a Proto before they sold them all. That way you know you have it and can sell hers knowing she's got a nicer stick...

tspkenneth 10-02-2012 09:47 AM

Buy it! I just bought that exact same board for my gf. They are about the same size. She cant wait to use it. She is intermediate level though, but still definitely an awesome boards. Feels very playful

Donutz 10-02-2012 09:50 AM

You do most of your quick improving over the first couple of years. You can outgrow a board midseason without even realizing it. Better to have a board with some room to grow into.

(I'm assuming the women's NS boards are as good as the men's. probably a safe bet.)

East告de 10-02-2012 09:55 AM

ill show her this thread and im sure shell want to go pick it up lol

Soggysnow 10-04-2012 08:55 PM

I am 5.4", size 6 foot and weigh 120lbs. I bought this exact board and LOVE it to bits. It is very playful and feels indestructible.
If you want to surprise her back, I rec getting her a great pair of binding to go with it. I upgraded my Salomon Stellas for some Absolute Premiums and boy, my riding changed for the better.