2012 NS Pandora 146 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default 2012 NS Pandora 146

So my girlfriend got herself a board last year to "surprise" me, and she did well learning on it..i believe it is an alibi rogue. anyway, we saw an NS Pandora 146 for sale from last season in a local shop..$280 out the door brand new for it. i was debating on having her buy it and sell the alibi, but she was worried it's too much board for her. personally, i think a shorter board and the hybrid camber would acually be better, and i thought maybe seeing some of your opinions might help her. she's 5'3 and tops out at a whopping 110lbs soaking wet, size 7 boots. What do you guys think? I just think this is a board she can really progress on over the next 2 or 3 seasons

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by East告de View Post
So my girlfriend got herself a board last year to "surprise" me, and she did well learning on it..i believe it is an alibi rogue. anyway, we saw an NS Pandora 146 for sale from last season in a local shop..$280 out the door brand new for it. i was debating on having her buy it and sell the alibi, but she was worried it's too much board for her. personally, i think a shorter board and the hybrid camber would acually be better, and i thought maybe seeing some of your opinions might help her. she's 5'3 and tops out at a whopping 110lbs soaking wet, size 7 boots. What do you guys think? I just think this is a board she can really progress on over the next 2 or 3 seasons
My little cousin is riding a Pandora. Same size I believe. It's what she is learning on and is doing pretty well with it. I don't think your g/f would have any issues.
sleev-les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

shes just worried shes going to look like a "poser" riding an NS while she's learning..i personally think its a good investment for her.

Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
Old 10-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
shes just worried shes going to look like a "poser" riding an NS while she's learning..i personally think its a good investment for her.
Tell her to do it and stop worrying about other people. Its all about her progress and having a board she will enjoy.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

thats what i said haha.. i think ill try and sell her current board first so she has some incentive to buy the new one..before its gone

Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
Old 10-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
thats what i said haha.. i think ill try and sell her current board first so she has some incentive to buy the new one..before its gone
If you've got the money, go grab it. I was in the shop the day they put this years gear out and grabbed a Proto before they sold them all. That way you know you have it and can sell hers knowing she's got a nicer stick...
Old 10-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

Buy it! I just bought that exact same board for my gf. They are about the same size. She cant wait to use it. She is intermediate level though, but still definitely an awesome boards. Feels very playful
tspkenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.

You do most of your quick improving over the first couple of years. You can outgrow a board midseason without even realizing it. Better to have a board with some room to grow into.

(I'm assuming the women's NS boards are as good as the men's. probably a safe bet.)

I hate the parts between winter
Donutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

ill show her this thread and im sure shell want to go pick it up lol

Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
Old 10-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

I am 5.4", size 6 foot and weigh 120lbs. I bought this exact board and LOVE it to bits. It is very playful and feels indestructible.
If you want to surprise her back, I rec getting her a great pair of binding to go with it. I upgraded my Salomon Stellas for some Absolute Premiums and boy, my riding changed for the better.
Soggysnow is offline   Reply With Quote