Picking new NS board- need advice please! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 01:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Picking new NS board- need advice please!

Hey guys, so I have been riding the same board for 3 years and decided it is time for an upgrade (especially cuz I found out my cousin can get me a discount!). A little background: my current stick is a NS circuit-r 148 that I originally bought as a jib-stick but it ended up replacing my very stiff 155 rome blue even for big mountain riding (the 155 felt like utter shit to me after riding the circuit, the flexy board is much more fun). I have loved the circuit, but I think it is a little small and soft for me to be riding everywhere.

I am a 5'8", 160 lb girl with size 8 women's boots. For my next board I really want to stick with NS, the construction of my NS is noticeably better than the brands my friends are riding and I love the RC profile. I also want a true twin, which means I need to find a men's board because the women's pandora only goes to size 149 and the infinity is offset and I think it would be too stiff for my liking. Right now, I am stuck between the Evo 152 and Proto-CT 152. I do a fair amount of park riding but I am not very good... still getting down the basics of jibbing and jumping. I also ride the whole mountain and like to go fast (even on my 148 jibber), but I am mostly stuck on groomers because its the east coast. On paper, the Proto-CT would probably be the better choice for the rest of the mountain but I am scared it is going to be too stiff for me progress in the park. On the other hand, the evo would be pretty flexy but likely be a little more beefy than the circuit, I am truly looking for a 1 board quiver and I want something that wont be quite so squirrely at speed. Any advice is appreciated, thanks guys!
snowsam17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 02:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

proto.

jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsam17 View Post
I am a 5'8", 160 lb girl
Really!?

I hope you are built like Nikki Fuller - in which case Proto.

If not than the Evo for sure - and I never want to see you without your clothes on...
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Really!?

I hope you are built like Nikki Fuller - in which case Proto.

If not than the Evo for sure - and I never want to see you without your clothes on...
I woulda said Evo just cuz its probably plenty of board for you unless you NEED to mach or send 45footers+

Not sure I get the comment on her stats, she's just a human, its not like she's massive - as many of the guys who post here are.

She's a girl snowboarder, already 10x sexier than you and TT.

The naked comment is just rediculous, and shitty... nobody, and I mean NOBODY wants to see YOU naked.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Definately proto unless you really wanna improve your park riding and spend a lot of time there. If you can get to a demo I would try the SL too, its good combination of all mountain park too but not twin twip. You can haul ass on it for sure. I havent got to try the proto but based on what ive heard it will probably be my next board
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
I woulda said Evo just cuz its probably plenty of board for you unless you NEED to mach or send 45footers+

Not sure I get the comment on her stats, she's just a human, its not like she's massive - as many of the guys who post here are.

She's a girl snowboarder, already 10x sexier than you and TT.

The naked comment is just rediculous, and shitty... nobody, and I mean NOBODY wants to see YOU naked.
Well, I said Evo as well - unless she is a female bodybuilder Proto (let alone SL - which is also not a true twin) is just a retarded suggestion.

As for her size, she is 1.5-2 times the size if most girls around here...

And I tend to get the occasional request for nude pictures - but come to think of it, several of them were from TT

Last edited by hktrdr; 10-03-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Really!?

I never want to see you without your clothes on...
I dunno what the crack is like where you are but those stats sound pretty fucking good to me. 160lb is 72.7kg, that is probably around average here in australia and I would assume less than average in the US for a 5'8" chick.

Dont worry about him snowsam17, hes probably 5'2" and 120lb so feels the need to ridicule anyone bigger than himself.
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

For those of you that gave me actual advice, thanks! It looks like I can't really go wrong with either board, but if the Evo will be enough for all mountain riding it might be a better choice... hmm still have some deciding to do.

As for hktrdr, I can assure you I am of pretty average build and am just tall... If you think I am twice the size of a normal girl you must be either a) 12, or b) have a tiny dick that can't satisfy anyone over 80 lbs.
snowsam17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Jeez, settle down people - it was just a light-hearted dig, not a personal attack.

My physical stats (5'9" and 145-155 lbs) are openly posted on this forum. As is my location (HK), from which it is easy to see that the average woman here weighs less than 110lbs, which makes 160lbs quite huge (and yes, heavier than me).

Oh, and:

Anything other than an Evo (which is plenty for all-mountain riding) is still a retarded suggestion. Even the Evo is stiffer or at least as stiff as the Infinity. Proto much stiffer.

Last edited by hktrdr; 10-03-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

sooo funny...comment was way off so you got yours man...props for the girl holding her own!!!
vukovi21 is offline   Reply With Quote