Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Capita indoor FK or Arbor Westmark?? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/49958-capita-indoor-fk-arbor-westmark.html)

LTshredTN 10-03-2012 12:19 PM

Capita indoor FK or Arbor Westmark??

ok, ive ridden a 2010 indoor FK since new and absolutly love it for everything!! id planned on gettin the 2013 model soon, but for a few years now theres been something about arbor that ive wanted to try. the westmark seems like it would be the closest to the indoor, what would u do stick with the indoor or try the westmark?? im about 70/30 mtn/park riding.....if money wasnt an option id have a new ultrafear for my park days and no worries!!! haha

mjd 10-04-2012 11:17 AM

I've ridden both- the Indoor more than the Westmark. Can't say what's better but demo the Westmark if you can. I'm pretty sure you will really like it. It has a similar flex to the Indoor but the full/continuous rocker and edge grip tech make it really stand out. It's beefed up a bit to take a beating in the park and you can feel that. The Coda has a more responsive feel IMO.

Nivek 10-04-2012 03:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah if youre not riding park that much youre better off with a Coda. Than either the Indoor or the Westmark.

LTshredTN 10-04-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjd (Post 523096)
I've ridden both- the Indoor more than the Westmark. Can't say what's better but demo the Westmark if you can. I'm pretty sure you will really like it. It has a similar flex to the Indoor but the full/continuous rocker and edge grip tech make it really stand out. It's beefed up a bit to take a beating in the park and you can feel that. The Coda has a more responsive feel IMO.

is it as playful as the indoor and dont catch edge easy?

LTshredTN 10-04-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 523201)
Yeah if youre not riding park that much youre better off with a Coda. Than either the Indoor or the Westmark.

isnt the coda camber or mostly camber?? i like the feel and playfulness of the indoor and wna stick to something around that if not gettin another indoor instead

Basti 10-04-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTshredTN (Post 523216)
isnt the coda camber or mostly camber?? i like the feel and playfulness of the indoor and wna stick to something around that if not gettin another indoor instead

Nope, Coda is full on rocker. I have one right here, waiting to take it out for a spin. Arbor offers a few of their models with positive camber like the Element CX. But not the Coda.

LTshredTN 10-04-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 523201)

would u say the coda is stiffer and less playful then a indoor?? id never looked into the coda til u brought it up, but ive been reading up on it..plus i love the pure wood topsheet!!!

jdang307 10-05-2012 01:49 AM

70/30 mountain?

Coda.

It was surprisingly soft for such a fast and responsive deck. I'm a big fan of Arbor now. I rode a 153 which is on the long end for me and I had no trouble handling it.

It's directional flex but the inserts are centered. It's a great deck.

LTshredTN 10-05-2012 12:35 PM

thanks...i just wonder about how some ppl complain about riding them flat how its harder?? but think i may be use to this since ive been on a indoor FK for 4 yrs now since it is flat between the bindings, or is this arbor rocker a whole diff feel??

jdang307 10-05-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTshredTN (Post 523496)
thanks...i just wonder about how some ppl complain about riding them flat how its harder?? but think i may be use to this since ive been on a indoor FK for 4 yrs now since it is flat between the bindings, or is this arbor rocker a whole diff feel??

It's a little harder riding flats. But flats are the last place I look for performance. It's full rocker so of course it will feel like a tiny bit of teeter totter.

Just need to keep it on a slight edge and adjust. Stay away from the flats.