Rocker Board Sizing Compared to Traditional - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rocker Board Sizing Compared to Traditional

Hey guys,

My buddy and I were having a conversation the other day about the sizing of rocker vs. traditional cambers. He was so convinced that for rocker boards, you are supposed to size up than what you are supposed to ride because the contact point is shorter than traditional camber boards of the same size. I was actually curious about this but couldn't find much info elsewhere.. I'm actually in the shop for a rocker board and now I'm torn between sizes.

Profile:
140lbs 5ft7in. Boot size 7.5/8
My buddy says I should get like 153-155 range, while I think I should get something around 148-150 because I'm also planning on spending my days progressing in the park. Riding/park ratio should be 4:6.

Since the Signal rocker light board that I was supposed to get a sweet deal on got sold out, I have my eyes set on the Skate Banana (Narrow Version). So should I get a 148 or 151 or anything larger?
hjungj21o is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Go by the weight recommendations for said boards...
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjungj21o View Post
Hey guys,

My buddy and I were having a conversation the other day about the sizing of rocker vs. traditional cambers. He was so convinced that for rocker boards, you are supposed to size up than what you are supposed to ride because the contact point is shorter than traditional camber boards of the same size. I was actually curious about this but couldn't find much info elsewhere.. I'm actually in the shop for a rocker board and now I'm torn between sizes.

Profile:
My buddy says I should get like 153-155 range, while I think I should get something around 148-150 because I'm also planning on spending my days progressing in the park. Riding/park ratio should be 4:6.

Since the Signal rocker light board that I was supposed to get a sweet deal on got sold out, I have my eyes set on the Skate Banana (Narrow Version). So should I get a 148 or 151 or anything larger?
Neither of you are correct. 150-153 is perfect

You can go longer, and shorter of course.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Go by the weight recommendations for said boards...

Ditto.

Some boards weigh more than others depending on the brand and the design (ie I have a NS and a Burton Troop in the same size. My troop is cambered and VERY light and my NS is Hybrid and heavy). Go by what the company recommends.
Soggysnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Don't get a nana for park? Really though that board is not worth its money for the park. You're better off getting this years rocker light really.

OOOOOOORRRRRRRR you could get my Shifty I'm sellin. Fits you and you WILL not find a better deal. Its a solid park board with good lock in presses and super good off jumps.

Otherwise be on the lookout for a Nitro Swindle, Flow Verve, Salomon Drift Rocker, Signal Park Flat (which I'm also selling), Bataleon GW, or a K2 Fastplant. All in the 150-153 range for park.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey guys,

Profile:

I'd say the 148 and 151 would both be fine for you. I wouldn't go any bigger if you're planning on riding park quite a bit. I'm 5'9 155 lbs and I ride a 152. my park riding ratio is probably about the same as yours. And to answer your question, no I don't think sizing changed based solely on whether the board is camber or rocker. It will just be a different style of riding.
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:48 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help. There are so many boards out there with different kinds of techs and I just cannot seem to keep up with the info like I used to.
I'm open to other suggestions, but that skate banana is up for grabs at dogfunk.com at less than $300 now. Being tight with the budget and all, I have to work with whatever I can get... This year's signal rocker light is really tempting but I just don't think I can afford to buy something at that price. (I know I know, under $400 is considered "cheap")
Old 10-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks guys, I appreciate your help. There are so many boards out there with different kinds of techs and I just cannot seem to keep up with the info like I used to.
I'm open to other suggestions, but that skate banana is up for grabs at dogfunk.com at less than $300 now. Being tight with the budget and all, I have to work with whatever I can get... This year's signal rocker light is really tempting but I just don't think I can afford to buy something at that price. (I know I know, under $400 is considered "cheap")
Are you open to buying used?
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Don't get a nana for park? Really though that board is not worth its money for the park. You're better off getting this years rocker light really.

OOOOOOORRRRRRRR you could get my Shifty I'm sellin. Fits you and you WILL not find a better deal. Its a solid park board with good lock in presses and super good off jumps.

Otherwise be on the lookout for a Nitro Swindle, Flow Verve, Salomon Drift Rocker, Signal Park Flat (which I'm also selling), Bataleon GW, or a K2 Fastplant. All in the 150-153 range for park.
Nivek, thanks for the offer, but I'm that kind of person who can't stand buying used goods.. Although, if you are selling those new, I might be interested. But me buying a new set is still about a month away for me, still waiting to get my paycheck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie09 View Post
Are you open to buying used?
Woah, saw your post after I replied to Nivek. Like stated above, I'm kinda iffy about buying stuff used. Just doesn't seem like it's 100% mine. But please feel free to PM me if you are offering anything that might perk my interest!

Last edited by hjungj21o; 10-05-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Have you ignored my offers?

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote