Need a flexible and lightweight board - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

anything but a lib or gnu... youll be stepping in the right direction... my swindle was pretty light..
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Kinda surprised im the first to suggest...but NS! One of my riding buddies is about to make the conversion from Skate Banana to an NS. I have the SL and thats what he is looking into...but since you said you didnt think the flex was soft enough on the Skate Banana I would probably check out the CT or the EVO. Because if I remember right when I rode his Skate Banana it was a lil more flexy than my SL, def heavier and less stable tho.
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat_medic View Post
It's for my lift off. It doesn't usually make a difference, but I would like my next board to be something lighter than a banana definitely.

Not bootpacking.

I was looking at the Rome reverb rocker. what you think?

Oh and I would like to pop wheelies when in the mood for messing around like that. I was barely lifting the banana even when I was bending all the way back.. I don't like that.

what do you suggest?

-light
-soft/noodle
-excllent for jumps
-rail and box dominator
I suggest you learn to butter. Buttering is not "leaning". You have to use muscles to press and butter.

Closest thing you'll get to something that is awesome on both jumps and rails is an Arbor Wetmark, Flow Verve, Signal Park Flat, or a Salomon Drift rocker. But none of those are going to be easier to press than a Banana. But they are all better boards overall.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I suggest you learn to butter. Buttering is not "leaning". You have to use muscles to press and butter.

Closest thing you'll get to something that is awesome on both jumps and rails is an Arbor Wetmark, Flow Verve, Signal Park Flat, or a Salomon Drift rocker. But none of those are going to be easier to press than a Banana. But they are all better boards overall.
You talk about the flow verve which I am very much interested in. I am looking for a park board or more so for kickers. I already have a ride machete. am I going to notice much difference going with the flow or a NS evo. I do need a replacement the machete is badly damaged.
aplummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If youre looking to replace a Machete go for the Era. Stiffer overall than the Verve with a sintered base. Similar to an Evo but I say better. Lighter and the rolled base between the feet makes flat basing super stable and front boards catch free.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #16 (permalink)

Do you think some think slightly softer to be better in the park. Probably 70/30 jumps to rails. Doesn't have to be the same as machete just best I can get for that use. I have other boards for the rest of the mountain
Old 10-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplummer View Post
Do you think some think slightly softer to be better in the park. Probably 70/30 jumps to rails. Doesn't have to be the same as machete just best I can get for that use. I have other boards for the rest of the mountain
No softer would be better 30/70 jumps to rails. For 70/30 jumps/rail (roughly my percentages) something more medium flex would be better. I like/use a NS Proto CT 154 myself (prefer it to the Evo because the snappy tips give your more pop) but there are many other boards out there.

For OP... Skate Banana is a noodle... seriously if you need a softer board you are doing something wrong when attempting butters and presses. Similarly, if board feel "heavy" to you, you are probably not popping or ollie-ing correctly. I say this without ever seeing you ride so I *could* be wrong - but I think you may be better off spending the money on lessons. Otherwise... Arbor Draft maybe (my friends who jib a lot seem to like that board)?
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

Thanks for you opinion. Will look into that flow. Already have a couple NS boards. Adding a proto could be a good option