Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   GNU Riders Choice 2012/13 upgrades (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/49988-gnu-riders-choice-2012-13-upgrades.html)

Fergatron2000 10-04-2012 11:48 AM

GNU Riders Choice 2012/13 upgrades

Hey All,

Been riding a 2010/11 Riders Choice for two seasons. It was the first non traditional camber board for this old dinosaur and it's been rad. I'm wondering if anyone here has ridden my model and the 2012/13 models with the assym/pickle tech updates. The middle rocker on the 2013 seems a little more pronounced as well.

Thinking about buying a new one so any thoughts or comparisons are appreciated.

Cheers.

Triple8Sol 10-05-2012 01:26 AM

It's an awesome board...do it! I had a ton of the MTX and then BTX Rider's Choice boards in 157.5 and 161.5 and missed them, so I picked up the new version last season. Exact same as this year's except for graphics. I always wanted to try the asym tech but didn't like the Pickle, so the RC was my chance, and I'm glad I pulled the trigger.

Wiredsport 10-05-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fergatron2000 (Post 523139)
Hey All,

Been riding a 2010/11 Riders Choice for two seasons. It was the first non traditional camber board for this old dinosaur and it's been rad. I'm wondering if anyone here has ridden my model and the 2012/13 models with the assym/pickle tech updates. The middle rocker on the 2013 seems a little more pronounced as well.

Thinking about buying a new one so any thoughts or comparisons are appreciated.

Cheers.

The Riders Choice line was simplified from last year. It had been available in Pickle or Symmetrical and Wide (all of which got a a unique graphic). That ended with a lot of confusion at the customer level. This year the RC is a single model with one (sick) graphic. It is Pickle (different heelside sidecut than toeside sidecut but with symetrical tip and tail) but not Ass Pickle (different heelside sidecut than toeside sidecut with asymetrical tip and tail). This years model was not supposed to have changed from last years pickle version but it does look like some (very subtle) refining of the profile and the magnetraction may have occurrerd.

Fergatron2000 10-05-2012 01:58 PM

Thanks Fellas. So does the Pickle Tech make a huge difference in your opinions? If not I think I will just keep my 2010/11 model and expand the quiver.

Wiredsport 10-05-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fergatron2000 (Post 523574)
Thanks Fellas. So does the Pickle Tech make a huge difference in your opinions? If not I think I will just keep my 2010/11 model and expand the quiver.

It is a notable difference, but if you have a ridable 10/11 RC I would keep it and expand out and get something that adds fun in a different condition like a pow or park model.

Triple8Sol 10-05-2012 03:41 PM

It was a very noticeable and immediate difference from the first run. Takes some getting used to, because you can really ease into heelside carves with much less effort than before. I use this board more for icy days because of the magnetraction and slower groomer days with newer riders. If they add this tech to a stiffer/damper board, I might consider that too.