GNU Riders Choice 2012/13 upgrades - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default GNU Riders Choice 2012/13 upgrades

Hey All,

Been riding a 2010/11 Riders Choice for two seasons. It was the first non traditional camber board for this old dinosaur and it's been rad. I'm wondering if anyone here has ridden my model and the 2012/13 models with the assym/pickle tech updates. The middle rocker on the 2013 seems a little more pronounced as well.

Thinking about buying a new one so any thoughts or comparisons are appreciated.

Cheers.
Fergatron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It's an awesome board...do it! I had a ton of the MTX and then BTX Rider's Choice boards in 157.5 and 161.5 and missed them, so I picked up the new version last season. Exact same as this year's except for graphics. I always wanted to try the asym tech but didn't like the Pickle, so the RC was my chance, and I'm glad I pulled the trigger.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergatron2000 View Post
Hey All,

Been riding a 2010/11 Riders Choice for two seasons. It was the first non traditional camber board for this old dinosaur and it's been rad. I'm wondering if anyone here has ridden my model and the 2012/13 models with the assym/pickle tech updates. The middle rocker on the 2013 seems a little more pronounced as well.

Thinking about buying a new one so any thoughts or comparisons are appreciated.

Cheers.
The Riders Choice line was simplified from last year. It had been available in Pickle or Symmetrical and Wide (all of which got a a unique graphic). That ended with a lot of confusion at the customer level. This year the RC is a single model with one (sick) graphic. It is Pickle (different heelside sidecut than toeside sidecut but with symetrical tip and tail) but not Ass Pickle (different heelside sidecut than toeside sidecut with asymetrical tip and tail). This years model was not supposed to have changed from last years pickle version but it does look like some (very subtle) refining of the profile and the magnetraction may have occurrerd.
Wiredsport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks Fellas. So does the Pickle Tech make a huge difference in your opinions? If not I think I will just keep my 2010/11 model and expand the quiver.
Fergatron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergatron2000 View Post
Thanks Fellas. So does the Pickle Tech make a huge difference in your opinions? If not I think I will just keep my 2010/11 model and expand the quiver.
It is a notable difference, but if you have a ridable 10/11 RC I would keep it and expand out and get something that adds fun in a different condition like a pow or park model.
Wiredsport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It was a very noticeable and immediate difference from the first run. Takes some getting used to, because you can really ease into heelside carves with much less effort than before. I use this board more for icy days because of the magnetraction and slower groomer days with newer riders. If they add this tech to a stiffer/damper board, I might consider that too.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote